This post may contain affiliate links. We only share items that we love and make a small percentage of the sale if you choose to buy through our links- but there's never any added cost to you...our earnings go to important stuff like more coffee to survive the toddler years!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Sargento® Cheese. All opinions are 100% mine.
This Mushroom Spinach Pepper Jack Stuffed Chicken Recipe is a delicious and simple meal for dinner using Sargento® Sliced Cheese. Make this easy stuffed chicken recipe for dinner tonight and impress everyone!
Mushroom Spinach Pepper Jack Stuffed Chicken Recipe
I love Cheese! Don’t we all???
If my kids had their way, they would have had grilled cheese sandwich for all their meals! No Kidding!
Cheese does makes everything taste just a notch better. But not all cheeses are created equal. I grew up eating American Singles, which apparently, is not cheese at all. At least not 100%.
American Singles is a Pasteurized Process Cheese Food (PPCF). This means it is only required to contain 51% real cheese. The rest is artificial color and flavoring, lots of salt, and unpronounceable chemicals.
Sargento® Sliced Cheese, is always 100% natural cheese. You can tell the difference the moment you open the pack. Natural Cheese has a distinct aroma, which varies from type to type. It can range from mild, delicate, fresh and creamy to sweet, strong, pungent and earthy. American Singles or Pasteurized Process Cheese Food (PPCF), doesn’t have any smell. It smells of the plastic it’s wrapped in.
Sargento® Sliced Cheese, which is 100% natural cheese has a lovely flavor to it. The mozzarella tastes creamy and fresh while the cheddar has a sharp nuttiness. They taste exactly how the natural cheese is supposed to taste – slightly salty, with a distinct mild/nutty/sharp flavor, depending on the type.
Mushroom and Spinach Pepper Jack Stuffed Chicken Recipe
One of the best thing about Sargento® Sliced Cheese is the variety of choices available. While Cheddar will forever remain as my favorite, I prefer Pepper Jack cheese for this Mushroom and Spinach Pepper Jack Stuffed Chicken Recipe. The slight heat from the jalapeno and habanero, beautifully compliments the earthy flavors of the mushroom and spinach. The mild nature of Monterey Jack melts beautifully and brings everything together, without being too overpowering. It is an easy dish that is doable on a weeknights. Yet, it is elegant enough to be served to company too.
The filling is super simple. Just saute sliced sweet onions with garlic in olive oil or butter. Add the sliced mushrooms. Saute till golden.
Next goes in the spinach, followed by salt and pepper, paprika and nutmeg. Saute till all the moisture in the pan is gone and you are left with a dry filling.
Place the chicken breast on a wax or parchment paper. Cover it with another wax or parchment paper.
Using a meat mallet or a heavy cast iron pan, pound the chicken from the center, moving outward. Be firm but controlled with your strokes.
Place a slice of cheese on the flattened chicken breast.
Place about one heaped tablespoon of filling on one end of the chicken breast.
Roll the chicken breast, securing it with toothpicks. Repeat with the remaining chicken breast pieces.
Place the prepared chicken breast rolls in a greased baking dish, or a cast iron pan. Bake in a 400 F oven for 20 minutes, flipping the chicken pieces once.
Once it is out of the oven, cover it with a foil and let it rest for 10 minutes.
Slice and serve with your favorite sauce and sides.
My family loves this Mushroom and Spinach Pepper Jack Stuffed Chicken Breast recipe. Even the picky ones too.
- 4 chicken breasts, thin cut, boneless, skinless
- 4 slices of Sargento® Sliced Pepper Jack Cheese
- 1 box (10 oz.), frozen chopped spinach, thawed and excess water drained
- 1 tub (8 oz.) of sliced mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed and roughly chopped
- 1 small sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp of paprika
- ½ tsp of nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Parchment or wax paper
- Make the filling:
- In a wide pan, heat butter or olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion slices and garlic and saute till the onions turn translucent.
- Now add the sliced mushroom and keep sauteing till they turn slightly golden.
- Next goes in the thawed out and drained frozen spinach. Mix it well.
- Add the spices and seasonings - paprika, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Mix it well and keep sauteing till all the moisture from the pan evaporates and you are left with a dry filling.
- Keep aside to cool it down.
- Prepare the chicken breast:
- Preheat the oven at 400 F. Grease a baking dish or a cast iron pan.
- Keep the chicken breast on a wax or parchment paper. Cover it with another wax or parchment paper.
- Using a meat mallet or a heavy cast iron pan, pound the chicken from the center, moving outward. Be firm but controlled with your strokes.
- Place a slice of cheese on the flattened chicken breast.
- Place about one heaped tablespoon of filling on one end of the chicken breast.
- Roll the chicken breast, securing it with toothpicks.
- Repeat with the remaining chicken breast pieces.
- Place the prepared chicken breast rolls in a greased baking dish, or a cast iron pan.
- Bake in a 400F oven fro 15 minutes. Take it out, flip it and put it back in the oven for another 10 minus or till the juices run clear.
- Once it it out of the oven, cover it with a foil and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice and serve with your favorite sauce and sides.
Ever since I made my switch from American Singles to 100% natural Sargento® Sliced Cheese, I have never looked back! Sargento® Sliced Cheese makes my meal prep a breeze. It melts beautifully making everything taste extra awesome.
I have added Sargento® Sliced Cheese to my wraps, pot pies, sliders, burgers, quesadillas, cheese sauces for pasta, scrambled eggs, and as a part of antipasto with cold cuts and fruits. It’s delicious and meets my expectations… every single time.
What’s your favorite flavor of cheese? I bet Sargento makes it! Share the Sargento® Sliced Cheese flavor that you can’t wait to try in the comments below!
Join the Challenge
Are you ready to start spring cleaning but just overwhelmed with where to start? I'm right there with you! Join along in the 5 Day Spring Cleaning Challenge!!