Mayo Free Chicken Salad Recipe
What? Chicken Salad without mayo– that’s right! This Mayo-FREE chicken salad recipe is AH-MA-ZING!!!
I LOVE chicken salad in the Summer! Chicken salad and egg salad are like iconic Summer dishes for me– check out my Nana’s Old Fashioned Egg Salad Recipe. My mom makes a delicious chicken salad that our friends and family go nuts over and are constantly asking her to make it. But, the problem is, it’s packed with high calorie- high fat mayonnaise. So I wanted to come up with a chicken salad recipe that is just as delicious as mom’s but without all that mayo!
So, I bring to you my No Mayo Chicken Salad– you can’t even tell that this isn’t my mom’s chicken salad…I even fooled my own sister with it!
- 1lb Boneless Chicken (I use the leftover chicken from my Oktoberfest Baked Chicken, or just boil boneless, skinless chicken breast and shred with a fork).
- 2 Hard Boiled Eggs
- 1 TBS Yellow Mustard
- ⅛ Cup diced Onion
- 1 single serving (5.3 oz) container of Plain Greek Yogurt (yep, the mayo replacement!)
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Prepare and dice the chicken.
- Boil the eggs, remove the shells, and mash with a fork.
- Mix remaining ingredients together.
- Chill in the Fridge until ready to serve!
What is your iconic Summer go to meal?