A delicious and simple slow cooker roast beef recipe. Make this slow cooker roast beef recipe on busy days and come home to a complete meal!
Slow Cooker Roast Beef Recipe
- 4 lb. beef roast
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 pkg dry onion soup mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 small red potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 package of mini carrots
- 1 bag frozen peas
- 2 TBS Butter
- Dash salt and pepper
- Oil for frying
- Put oil in cast iron skillet, salt and pepper the roast, and brown over medium heat, turning to brown all sides of roast.
- Remove roast to platter and turn heat to low under skillet.
- In same skillet mix together soup, dry onion soup mix, and water and stir to mix and get browned bits off bottom.
- Pour 1/2 mixture from skillet into slow cooker, then lay roast in.
- Pour remaining mixture from skillet over the top of roast.
- Add sliced onion on top of roast with butter.
- Arrange potatoes and carrots around the roast in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or until roast falls apart and veggies are tender.
- Add frozen peas for last 20 minutes of cooking process.
If you don’t have a slow cooker yet then definitely check out these options…I have each one and love them all!
Top of the Line– All-Clad Slow Cooker
Moderately Priced– Crock Pot Cook and Carry Programmable Slow Cooker