This post may contain affiliate links. We only share items that we love and make a small percentage of the sale if you choose to buy through our links- but there's never any added cost to you...our earnings go to important stuff like more coffee to survive the toddler years!
A delicious and simple slow cooker roast beef recipe. Make this slow cooker roast beef recipe on busy days and come home to a complete meal!
Slow Cooker Roast Beef Recipe
- 4 lb. beef roast
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 pkg dry onion soup mix
- ½ cup water
- 6 small red potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 package of mini carrots
- 1 bag frozen peas
- 2 TBS Butter
- Dash salt and pepper
- Oil for frying
- Put oil in cast iron skillet, salt and pepper the roast, and brown over medium heat, turning to brown all sides of roast.
- Remove roast to platter and turn heat to low under skillet.
- In same skillet mix together soup, dry onion soup mix, and water and stir to mix and get browned bits off bottom.
- Pour ½ mixture from skillet into slow cooker, then lay roast in.
- Pour remaining mixture from skillet over the top of roast.
- Add sliced onion on top of roast with butter.
- Arrange potatoes and carrots around the roast in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or until roast falls apart and veggies are tender.
- Add frozen peas for last 20 minutes of cooking process.
If you don’t have a slow cooker yet then definitely check out these options…I have each one and love them all!
Top of the Line– All-Clad Slow Cooker
Moderately Priced– Crock Pot Cook and Carry Programmable Slow Cooker
Join the Challenge
Are you ready to start spring cleaning but just overwhelmed with where to start? I'm right there with you! Join along in the 5 Day Spring Cleaning Challenge!!