This slow cooker taquito casserole recipe takes simple freezer ingredients to create a delicious hot meal. The perfect mexican inspired dinner for busy nights…make this slow cooker taquito casserole recipe tonight!
Slow Cooker Taquito Casserole Recipe
- 2 (14 oz.) cans chili con carne
- Taquitos from the freezer section -- or mix it up a little with the Evol Cilantro Lime Chicken Burritos....YUMMY!!
- ½ C of onion, chopped
- 2 C corn chips, crushed
- 1 C cheddar cheese, shredded
- Spread the chili con carne over the bottom of the crock pot. Lay the taquitos over the chili. Sprinkle in the onions. Scatter the crushed chips over the onions. Spread the cheese over the top.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
- You can stretch this meal by serving it over rice.
- Make it Mexican Rice by adding in some corn and a package of Goya Sazon seasoning when you add the rice to the water.
Using a slow cooker on a regular basis makes getting dinner ready a breeze! I used to spend at least an hour in the kitchen every night preparing dinner but now that I use my slow cooker so much I’m in and out in about 10 minutes….then I just come home and serve up dinner!
If you don’t have a slow cooker yet then definitely check out these options…I have each one and love them all! There’s something in every price range!
Top of the Line– All-Clad Slow Cooker
Moderately Priced– Crock Pot Cook and Carry Programmable Slow Cooker
Have you checked out the The BEST Recipes Ever Facebook Group? We share all sorts of amazing dinner recipes in the group! If you’re not yet a member of the group, click on the Join button and I’ll get you added right away.