Creamy Baked Chicken and Rice for an Easy Dinner!
This easy chicken and rice recipe is a family favorite that’s the perfect comfort food for cold winter nights. It’s seriously the easiest one pot meal ever…you literally just dump and bake. What comes out is a creamy and flavorful dinner that the whole family will be asking for seconds.
You May Also Like: O-M-G BEST Crockpot Chicken EVER Recipe
Now, you’re going to need a very large casserole dish for this recipe. This chicken and rice recipe starts off with a LOT of liquid and then the rice expands so you’ll have a mess if you’re not using the right size casserole dish. For a family of 6, I like this casserole dish.
If you’ve seen many of my recipes you’ll know I’m a huge fan of cooking with enameled cast iron. Cast iron helps your food cook more evenly and helps trap the moisture into meats. The enamel helps with clean up! Regular cast iron can be such a pain to keep clean and seasoned properly. But, enamel cast iron has the ease of non-stick cookware.
- 2 LBS Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 2 Cups Uncooked Rice (not instant)
- 2 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 Can Cream of Onion Soup
- 1 Can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Dice chicken breasts into bite size pieces.
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into casserole dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until chicken and rice are cooked through.
- Stir casserole halfway through.
- Serve hot.