This post may contain affiliate links. We only share items that we love and make a small percentage of the sale if you choose to buy through our links- but there's never any added cost to you...our earnings go to important stuff like more coffee to survive the toddler years!
These luscious lavender cupcakes are a the perfect little mommy treat once the kids have gone to sleep. The lavender infused cupcakes are my way to unwind and relax after a crazy summer day!
Luscious Lavender Cupcakes Recipe #SweetandSouthern
Keep Calm and Grab a Relaxing Cupcake…seriously!
So, if you’ve been following along on social media then you know that I’ve been busy planning this year’s Blog Life University Conference that’s happening in just 2 weeks!! Eekkkkk!!! I can’t believe how beautifully everything is coming together…it’s a TON of work….a TON of stress….a few freakouts….but it’s going to be one amazing experience.
That’s why I whipped up a batch of my great grandmother’s lavender cupcakes. These cupcakes are just what I needed to relax after a long day of planning, organizing, emailing, fielding questions, and talking with speakers. I love that these cupcakes are slightly sweet with a hint of calming lavender…it’s like getting a sweet treat at luxurious spa!
Speaking of a luxurious treat…have you checked out Blog Life University?
If you’re a blogger or are wanting to start a blog then you’ll want to check out the Sweet & Southern Desserts Recipe Contest hosted by Dixie Crystals Sugar. They are hosting a deliciously sweet contest where conference attendees develop a recipe under the theme Sweet & Southern Desserts. Entrants need to create a sweet & southern dessert that uses at least 1 TBS of Dixie Crystals sugar for the chance to win an Ultimate Conference Pass.
Obviously, as organizer, I can’t win but I didn’t want to miss out on all of the fun! So here’s my submission for the Sweet & Southern Desserts Recipe Contest!
Luscious Lavender Cupcakes Recipe
- ½ cup unsalted sweet cream butter softened
- 2 egg whites
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¾ cup milk
- 1½ cups Dixie Crystals sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Set up your cupcake pan with liners
- Using a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high for 30 seconds.
- Now add sugar, and vanilla to the butter and beat until combined.
- Add egg whites, and eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Alternate, the flour mixture and milk to butter mixture, beating on low speed until everything is well mixed together
- Fill the cupcake pan liners ⅔ with cake batter
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Remove cupcakes from pan and allow to cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes before frosting.
Lavender Frosting Recipe
- 2 sticks butter (room temp)
- 4-5 cups Powder sugar
- 2TBS lavender extract
- 2 drops of purple coloring
- In large mixing bowl, beat butter on high speed until stiff and fluffy.
- Add 3 cups of sugar, one at a time.
- Scrape the sides to get all of the sugar.
- add in extract and color.
- In addition add the last cup of sugar.
- Beat until smooth
- Pipe the cupcake using a star tip.
I hope you enjoy these delicious lavender cupcakes as much as I do!
Join the Challenge
Are you ready to start spring cleaning but just overwhelmed with where to start? I'm right there with you! Join along in the 5 Day Spring Cleaning Challenge!!