This site contains affiliate links, 3rd party ads, and sponsored content. For more information please read our Disclosure Policy. As always, I only recommend products or services I personally use and love!
This post brought to you by American Heart Association. The content and opinions expressed below are that of Serendipity and Spice.
5 Healthy Living Tips for Spring
Start Living a Healthier Life for Loved Ones Today!
Oh how excited I am that spring has sprung! The air is getting warmer, the flowers are blooming, the parks are bustling with happy kids out to play; every spring I have a renewed energy for life! Unfortunately, during those winter months I wasn’t exactly following the healthiest of lifestyles, you know what I mean, those winter comfort habits ;-). Anyway, now that spring is here, I want to get out with my family and start living a healthier lifestyle. Luckily, I’m not alone; the American Heart Association wants to help everyone live a healthier, longer life. They’ve compiled all sorts of fantastic resources, tips, and mom hacks for living a healthier life. Today I’m sharing with you 5 healthy living tips for Spring!
- Know Your “Why”!
- Everyone has a reason to live a healthier, longer life. What’s yours? Visit Life Is Why for inspiration to finding your “WHY”.
- My “why” is my family. I had a scare at my last doctor’s appointment when my doctor told me that my cholesterol was elevated. It’s a condition that runs in the family and something that we were expecting because of my high genetic disposition to high cholesterol. But when she told me that I had indeed inherited that trait I started thinking about all of the reasons I need to start living healthier. I want to be the mom that runs and plays with her kids. When they get older and are in school I plan on being the mom that chaperone’s the field trips and school dances.
- My second “why” is my self. I see so many older relatives who have a hard time getting around because they didn’t take care of their bodies while they were younger. I want to grow old being the life of the party like my dear Aunt Inez! She was a woman who enjoyed every single moment of her life– she even went to Disney World for her 90th birthday… that’s the woman I want to be!
- Get Active with the Family!
- There’s nothing more fun that exploring new things with the kids! I love how open my kids are to new experiences and seeing their faces light up with intrigue and excitement is priceless.
- Yoga with the kids is a fun new experience that Little Man had a BLAST learning. Check out this pin on Mommy and Me Yoga…you’ll have so much fun! Plus, yoga helps to reduce stress… which all moms can definitely use!!
- We also go for walks around the neighborhood, take hikes through new places, and once the weather is a bit warmer you’ll find us hanging out in the pool swimming most of the day!
- Reduce Stress
- In this fast paced world with endless to-do lists, multiple after school activities, never ending errands, etc. it’s no surprise that moms are stressed. But we have to remember… in order to take care of others you need to take care of yourself first.
- The American Heart Association has some great tips on reducing stress. When you learn how stress affects you then you can more effectively combat stress triggers in your life.
- Add More Produce to Your Diet
- The key to picking fresh produce for your diet is choosing produce that’s in season. Not only should it be more affordable but it will also taste better.
- I love taking the kids to our local farmer’s market and having them help me pick out fresh produce to try using this handy Spring & Summer Produce Guide that tells us what’s in season.
- Cook Heart-Healthy Meals
- This may seem like a no-brainer but many of us are so busy that we don’t even know where to start when it comes to making heart-healthy meals.
- Luckily, the American Heart Association knows how busy our lives are and they have a Pinterest board full of heart-healthy recipes that are simple and easy to make!
- I’m looking forward to trying this Tandoori Chicken with Brown Rice for dinner tonight! What looks good to you on the Heart Healthy Recipes Pinterest Board?
Those are my top 5 healthy living tips. What are you going to start doing to live a healthier lifestyle? Share in the comments below!
Find more healthy living tips from the American Heart Association on Pinterest