This Cast Iron Country Citrus Chicken Recipe is so flavorful and delicious! Pretty much anything made in a cast iron skillet is good but this cast iron country citrus chicken recipe will have your family coming back for more!
Cast Iron Country Citrus Chicken Recipe
A Simple Chicken Dish That’s Packed Full of Flavor
Say the name of this dish 3 times fast! Who knew I was so good at coming up with tongue twisters as well as recipe! 😉
This cast iron country citrus chicken recipe is the perfect one dish meal for a busy night.
- 3-4 large chicken breasts
- 3 tbsp.Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp. Citrus seasoning
- 2 Yellow squash
- 2 Zucchini
- 3 limes
- Parsley for garnish
- In a large sealed tight container add your chicken breasts. 1/2 of a freshly squeezed lime juice, and citrus seasonings let refrigerate for 2 hours
- In cast iron skillet add 3 tbsp. of olive oil and place on your stovetop at medium heat to high heat.
- Once the oil is bubbling add your chicken breasts cook on high for 5 minutes until the breasts look crispy then rotate and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Now reduce your heat to medium and cook on both sides for 12 minutes each to insure its completely cooked
- Pull the chicken out and place to the side
- Add your sliced yellow squash and zucchini slices to the cast iron add your 1 tbsp.of citrus seasoning and salt and pepper to taste
- Cook on medium heat till tender
- Turn off your heat on your stovetop and place the chicken back in the skillet.
- Garnish with Parsley and lime wedges