This Samoa monkey bread recipe is a family favorite dessert. It’s inspired by the delicious chocolate, caramel, and coconut cookies made by the girl scouts and is OMG amazing!!
Samoa Monkey Bread Recipe
Chocolate, Caramel, Coconut Gooey Goodness
There’s something about making monkey bread with the kids that’s just so much fun. I think it’s the name….seriously….who came up with the name Monkey Bread for this delicious dessert???
I have no idea…all I know is that this Samoa Monkey Bread Recipe is TO-DIE-FOR! If you love the Girl Scout Cookies by the same name or also known as Caramel Delights then you’ll love this Chocolate Caramel Coconut Monkey Bread Recipe!
There’s nothing more fun or a better bonding experience than getting messy in the kitchen with your kids! We absolutely LOVE cooking and baking together. As moms we’re under the pressure to make everything a Pinterest worthy creation which causes us to miss out on the joy of our kids being kids. That’s why my motto is to EMBRACE those happy accidents because that’s what creates the spice of life. It truly doesn’t matter to your kids how beautiful the cake looks….what matters is that you took the time out to include them in the process of making it.
Who cares if the kitchen looks like a chocolate volcano exploded!
I bought the kids these adorable little aprons that come with their own utensils for our kitchen shenanigans and they absolutely LOVE them! I swear
This delicious Samaos inspired Monkey Bread Recipe is a family favorite dessert. The chocolate, coconut, and caramel blend perfectly for a sweet treat the kids love to bake!
- 2 Cans of biscuits.
- 1/2 C sugar
- 4 TBS cocoa baking powder.
- 1/2 C unsalted sweet cream butter, melted + 2 TBS butter softened butter for roasting coconut.
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 C brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp sea salt.
- 1/2 C chocolate chips
- 1/2 C sweetened shredded coconuts.
- Ziplock bag for coating the biscuit pieces.
- Chocolate sauce to drizzle
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and coat bundt cake pan with pam spray. Set aside.
- Cut the biscuit into 8 pieces and place aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar and the cocoa and mix.
- Once mixed, add into the ziplock bag as well as the biscuits. Shake bag until all pieces are coated.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, egg, vanilla and melted butter. Mix until combined.
- Take half of the coated biscuits and place them into the bundt pan. Sprinkle half of the chocolate chips onto the biscuits and pour half of the butter mixture.
- Repeat the same step with the rest of the biscuits, butter and chocolate chips.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes.
- While the monkey bread is baking, in a small pan. melt the 2 tbs of butter and pour in the coconut.
- Using a spatula, brown up the coconut and then pull aside to cool.
- When the timer goes off, pull it out. The center will still be jiggly.
- Let sit for 5 minutes before place the serving plate on top of the pan and flipping the pan.
- Lightly tap the sides of the pan to loosen the monkey bread.
- Once the monkey bread is out and onto the place. drizzle chocolate sauce and sprinkle the roasted coconut on top.
You may also want to try…
Copycat Tagalongs Girl Scout Cookies 3.3.3070
You may also want to try…