This post may contain affiliate links. We only share items that we love and make a small percentage of the sale if you choose to buy through our links- but there's never any added cost to you...our earnings go to important stuff like more coffee to survive the toddler years!
Avocado Pesto Dip – a favorite game time appetizer.
Who does not love to munch on yummy food while their favorite teams are playing or their favorite game season is on TV. I know we do. Our favorite go to snacks are Spicy Chicken Wings and Guacamole w/Chips. And this Avocado Pesto Dip is a spin on guacamole and a brilliant way to finish up leftover pesto.
Hi, I am Sarani and I am back with a Game Day Appetizer that is a breeze to make and a crowd-pleaser!
Pesto is such a versatile sauce. You can add it to your pasta or rice, use it to marinate your chicken or make a quick weeknight shrimp dinner by tossing some spaghetti in it and throwing in some shrimps fried in butter. Yum.
Ingredients for Avocado Pesto Dip
- Avocado – 1 ripe, pitted and flesh scooped out
- Fresh Basil Leaves – couple of handfuls (about half a cup, packed)
- Cilantro – a handful (about 1/4 cup, packed
- Olive Oil – 4 tablespoons
- Pine nuts – 3 tablespoons (I used slivered almonds since I am allergic to pine nuts)
- One fat clove of garlic, smashed
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste.
- A tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice
How to make Avocado Pesto Dip
Pit and scoop out the flesh of an avocado, sprinkle a little lemon juice on it and keep aside. In a blender or food processor, add the basil leaves, cilantro leaves, pine nuts, smashed garlic, salt and freshly cracked black pepper along with the remaining lemon juice and give it a couple of pulses. Drizzle the olive oil in slowly and blend till everything comes together. Throw in the avocado and run the blender till everything comes together into a smooth paste.
Enjoy your Avocado Pesto Dip with chips or fresh veggies while you cheer for your favorite team!
The leftovers do not taste as good but just in case you have some, slather it generously over a nicely toasted bread and enjoy the following morning.
Join the Challenge
Are you ready to start spring cleaning but just overwhelmed with where to start? I'm right there with you! Join along in the 5 Day Spring Cleaning Challenge!!
Latest posts by Sarani Tarafder (see all)
- Stir Fried Garlicky Kale with Toasted Sesame Seeds - February 19, 2017
- Quinoa Bowl – A healthy start to the New Year! - January 19, 2017
- Rosé Sangria - December 12, 2016