This post may contain affiliate links. We only share items that we love and make a small percentage of the sale if you choose to buy through our links- but there's never any added cost to you...our earnings go to important stuff like more coffee to survive the toddler years!
Chicken Florentine Gnocchi Recipe
A Simple Dinner Recipe Ready in About 30 Minutes!
The first time I ever had gnocchi it was LOVE at first bite! I was in my early twenties– a friend and I decided to go out for a fancy smancy adult dinner in Atlanta. We wound up at this adorable little restaurant called Cafe Intermezzo right in the center of Buckhead Atlanta…back when Atlanta still had the strip of bars all along Piedmont Rd….it was the “IT” place to be. I mean they taught you Italian in the women’s bathroom….that’s how you know it’s upscale….right?! Well, LONG gone are my clubbing/bar hopping days but I still LOVE gnocchi!
Did you know that you can easily find gnocchi in the grocery store? It’s in the pasta section….who knew?! Anyway….I’m so super stoked that I can now have that delicious little potato pasta without having to get all dressed up. This recipe is so simple to make….I had dinner ready in about 15 minutes and my mom was so super impressed….I mean, she’s my mom so she’s super impressed by pretty much everything I do…I had to tell her to stop commenting so much on Serendipity and Spice’s FB page because it was getting a bit excessive…..but I digress….back to the gnocchi.
For those of you unsure how to pronounce gnocchi the g is silent so it’s like “no-key”….don’t worry it took me forever to stop pronouncing it “ga-no-ch-I”…..yep, I was super cool back in my bar hopping days. 😉
Okay, enough about all this randomness….are you ready for this recipe??
- 1 Pkg Potato Gnocchi
- 1 Cup Fresh Spinach
- 1 Cup Sundried Tomatoes
- 2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- ¼ Cup Butter
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 TBS Chopped Garlic
- 1½ Cups Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Slice chicken breasts into strips and sautee in pan on high until golden brown.
- While chicken breasts sautee-- bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Tear spinach leaves off stalk and place in steamer to steam.
- Add gnocchi and sundried tomatoes to boiling water and cook for about 5-8 minutes or until gnocchi is cooked....you don't want to overcook and make the gnocchi soggy.
- In a small saucepan melt butter, add in chopped garlic and sautee for about 2 minutes to release the flavor.
- Pour cream into saucepan with butter and garlic-- do not boil...just let it come to a steam....stir continuously!
- Add Parmesan cheese to cream mixture and stir constantly for about 10 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients in a big bowl and serve warm.
This recipe cooks fast and has a lot of things going at once….but you’ll have a delicious gourmet meal ready in no time….just don’t walk away because you don’t want to overcook any of it.
What do you think about gnocchi? Are you a super fan or do you prefer a different pasta?
Have you seen the new Phillips Pasta Maker? It is totally on my wish list…can you imagine…fresh pasta in just 15 minutes! That would totally be heaven! They totally didn’t pay me to plug them…I wish they would because I’m completely in LOVE with this pasta maker….one day….one day I will have my fresh pasta in just 15 minutes! 😉
Other recipes you should try:
Join the Challenge
Are you ready to start spring cleaning but just overwhelmed with where to start? I'm right there with you! Join along in the 5 Day Spring Cleaning Challenge!!