5 Family Fun Adventures in Gulf County, Florida
Did you know that “prime season” for Gulf County, FL is actually September through May? Yep, when you think Florida you usually think summer….don’t you? But heading to Gulf County, FL is actually the BEST when you go during September through May because there’s tons of outdoor adventures to check out! There’s so much to do in the Adventure Guide!
A visit to Gulf County FL during the fall is the perfect time to rejuvenate yourself and add a bit of adventure into your life! I love that visiting Gulf County FL adds a bit of surprise to our lives as no two visits are ever the same because all of the adventures are nature based.
Horseback Riding on the Beach
- How amazing would it be to load up the family and gallop down the beach on some beautiful horses! Seriously, it’s like a scene from a movie and I totally want to do it!!
- Fall and early winter would be the perfect season for this adventure because the weather would be perfect with some blue jeans, boots, and a lightweight jacket. Plus, can you imagine how gorgeous the sunset would be to watch….there’s a memory that will truly last a lifetime!
Go on a Turtle Treasure Hunt
- Did you know that Gulf County, FL is a hot spot for Loggerhead Turtles? Get the family together for a morning sunrise walk along the beach and search for turtle tracks to mark. You have a guide and they limit the group to a small number so as not to disturb any turtle nests and to give everyone an opportunity to really see and hear all about the turtle habitats along the beach.
- Once the kids are a bit older this will make the perfect adventure that’s not only fun but extremely educational!
Explore a Festival
- There’s tons of festivals that happen every year in Gulf County, FL. Find one that’s right for you! From the Tupelo Honey Festival to the Annual Florida Scallop and Music Festival to the Blast on the Bay Songwriter’s Festival…there’s always something fun to explore!
Kayak Through the Dead Lakes
- So, I’m not talking about a cheesy “Halloween Ghost Tour”…the Dead Lakes are a seriously cool nature preserve area that is vastly unique from anywhere you’ve ever been.
- The Dead Lakes get the name because of the trees that are growing up out of the water….you can see the stumps of the Cypress and Tupelo trees rising out of the shallow water and it gives an eerie yet tranquil and beautiful experience.
Let Someone Else Pick the Adventure
- I’m totally serious! Gulf County, FL has a Concierge Program that will plan everything for you and all you have to do is show up and have fun! You just tell them what interests you and they’ll plan out an adventure to suit your desires….how cool is that?!
- I mean…who knows what’s going to be the most fun for your family than the people who live the adventure every single day. I say let the locals plan a true Gulf County Adventure and I’ll be along for the ride and the memories!
- The Gulf County Concierge Program & Adventure Guide helps you plan an unforgetable adventure while freeing you up to enjoy all the wonder right in the middle of where you want to be!
In addition to these 5 fun fill experiences there are endless possibilities when visiting Gulf County, FL. Since boating opportunities are all within 15 minutes of any given point in the area you can have all sorts of fun on the water like kayaking, fishing in the bay, boating, snorkeling, diving, paddleboarding, ecotouring the Indian Lagoon, etc. Check out the Adventure Guide for more fun ideas!
UPDATE– Congratulations Azlin the winner of the $50 gift card!!
Okay, who’s ready to win a $50 Gift Card?!?!?
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. One winner, chosen at random from all eligible entries received, will receive a $50 AmEx gift card, and will be announced on or about 10 days after end of entry period. Entrants may enter within 21 days of this post going live. Must be a resident of one of the 48 contiguous United States (excl. PR, HI, AK) the age of majority in his or her jurisdiction at time of entry. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received. Sweepstakes is sponsored by Gulf County.
- $50.00 AMEX gift card
PLUS, head on over to the Never Have I Ever Contest and enter to win a week long vacation to Gulf County, FL!