This bourbon glazed peppermint cookie recipe is the perfect Christmas cookie for your office holiday party or adult get together. Even though the alcohol cooks off the flavor remains for a grown-up Christmas cookie! Give Santa’s Favorite Christmas Cookie Recipe a try!
Bourbon Glazed Peppermint Cookie Recipe
The Grown Up Christmas Cookie – Santa’s Favorite Christmas Cookie Recipe
I love making cookies with the kids…it’s a blast….but sometimes you just need a little bit of adult indulgence during the holidays. And I’ve heard that these are Santa’s favorite Christmas cookie! 😉
These cookies are the perfect blend of holiday flavors mixed with just a taste of adult deliciousness. Now, the alcohol does cook off so if your kids get into them it’s no big deal and eating a dozen of these aren’t going to make you start seeing double. Just the flavor remains behind to give these butter cookies a yummy little kick!
When baking for Christmas there’s nothing more fun than dressing the part…which is why I love throwing on a pair of yoga pants and this super cute Christmas baking shirt!
Because….let’s face it…if I’m baking cookies then I’m definitely watching a Hallmark Christmas movie! I can’t help it…Hubs laughs at me but I LOVE LOVE LOVE the predictability of those heartwarming Hallmark movies…don’t you?!
Anyway, you’re here for Santa’s Favorite Christmas Cookie recipe…not my love of Hallmark movies! So here’s the yummy goodness you’re here for…
Bourbon Glazed Peppermint Cookies
- Cookie Ingredients:
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter, room temp
- 1 C sugar
- 2 eggs, room temp
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 C flour
- Glaze Ingredients:
- 1/4 C unsalted butter, room temp
- 1/2 C sugar
- 3 TBSP Bourbon
- 1/4 cup crushed peppermint candy
- Cookie Directions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat butter and sugar for 1 minute.
- Mix in the eggs and vanilla until well incorporated.
- Add together the flour, baking soda, and salt then add them into the other mixture.
- Mix until well incorporated.
- Using a small ice cream scoop form the cookies then place them on the lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 9-11 minutes or until the bottom of the cookies are slightly brown.
- Remove from the oven but keep the cookies on the cookie sheet.
- Glaze Directions:
- With the cookies still hot from the oven begin to make the glaze.
- Add all of the ingredients in a small pot.
- Cooking over medium-high heat , stirring continuously until the combined butter and sugar is melted and dissolved.
- Do not boil as the sugar will burn turning brown.
- The glaze will thicken by slightly cooling it.
- Take a spoonful of the glaze and drizzle it on each cookie.
- Sprinkle the crushed peppermint on top of each cookie.
Do you have a favorite grown-up Christmas cookie? Share in the comments below!
You May Also Like: