This Chocolate Peppermint Cookies Recipe is a favorite Christmas cookie recipe that the whole family loves! We typically make these chocolate peppermint cookies to give to friends and family during the holiday season.
Chocolate Peppermint Cookies Recipe
A delicious and easy dessert for the holidays!
There’s something about chocolate and peppermint that just screams the holidays to me!
I love love love these cookies because they combine the delicious goodness of chocolate with the fresh winter taste of candy canes…my kids refer to these as the Candy Cane Cookies…and I must say they are always a hit when I take them to Christmas parties!
This chocolate peppermint cookie starts off with a decadent chocolate cookie that’s dipped in white chocolate and coated in crushed candy canes….it’s truly delicious and the perfect Christmas cookie for gifting!
- 1 Cup of Butter (melted)
- 1 1/2 Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 TSP Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 2 Cups Flour
- 2 Cups White Chocolate Melts
- 1 Cup Crushed Candy Canes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together butter, vanilla, and sugar until creamy.
- Add in Eggs and combine thoroughly.
- Slowly mix in cocoa powder.
- Blend in flour 1/2 cup at a time.
- Drop cookies on baking sheet with 2 inches of space between each cookie drop.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or cooked through.
- Let cookies cool completely.
- Melt white chocolate according to package instructions.
- Dip cookies in white chocolate.
- Sprinkle heavily with crushed candy canes.
- Let dry completely before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Do you do much holiday baking? What’s your favorite treat to make during this season of sweets and treats?