This creamy lemon chicken pasta recipe is my favorite one dish recipes! The whole meal is made using a single pot to keep after dinner clean up a breeze. Using boneless skinless chicken breasts, ziti pasta, and fresh ingredients this creamy lemon chicken pasta recipe is ready in just 30 minutes!
Creamy Lemon Chicken Pasta Recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Additional Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 1lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 2 Cups Chicken Broth
- 2 TBS Butter
- 1 TBS Flour
- 1 Vidalia Sweet Onion
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1 1/2 Cups Heavy Cream
- 1lb Box Ziti Pasta (or your choice of pasta)
- 2 Cups Fresh Parmesan
- 2 Cups Fresh Spinach
- 1 TBS Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Fresh Lemon
- In a large pot, melt 1 TBS Butter.
- Cut chicken breasts into bite size strips.
- Sautee chicken breasts in melted butter.
- Remove chicken when done and set to side.
- Dice onion and garlic cloves.
- Add another tablespoon of butter to pot.
- Sautee onion and garlic cloves for 2 minutes.
- Add flour and stir to make a roux.
- Pour in chicken broth, cream, parmesan cheese, and red pepper flakes. Mix well.
- Add pasta into the pot and cover.
- Allow to cook on low for 8-10 minutes or until pasta is cooked through.
- Stir regularly to keep bottom from burning.
- Add spinach and chicken to the pasta. Mix well.
- Squeeze juice from lemon.
- Once spinach is done cooking, add lemon juice to pot.
- When serving, top with lemon zest if desired.