Take classic snickerdoodles to the next level with these pumpkin snickerdoodle cookies! They make the BEST fall cookie recipe that brings the flavors of pumpkin spice and snickerdoodle together for a soft and chewy fall cookie!
I love making snickerdoodle cookies because they’re soft, chewy, and a family favorite! Over the years I’ve found fun seasonal alternatives to the classic snickerdoodle like this Chai Latte Snickerdoodle Cookie Recipe and this White Chocolate Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookie Recipe.
And today, I’m bringing you the ultimate fall cookie recipe…the pumpkin spice snickerdoodle…a super soft and chewy snickerdoodle cookie recipe that doesn’t need cream of tartar! Seriously, these are truly the BEST fall cookies I’ve ever made!
These pumpkin snickerdoodle cookies make the perfect fall cookie everyone will love! Soft and chewy snickerdoodles without cream of tartar make these fall cookies easy and delicious!
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- FOR THE CINNAMON SUGAR COATING:
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl: Combine granulated sugar, brown sugar, butter, vanilla, and egg yolk. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl mix together flour, pumpkin pie spice, ground cinnamon, and baking powder.
- Slowly add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and combine thoroughly.
- Once all dry ingredients and wet ingredients are combined, place the pumpkin spice snickerdoodle cookie dough in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, mix together granulated sugar and cinnamon.
- Remove cookie dough from refrigerator.
- Pinch off desired cookie size and roll cookie dough into a ball....typically golf ball sized.
- Coat cookie dough in sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- Place on cookie sheet.
- Repeat until all cookie dough is used up.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18 minutes. Cookies are done when they're light golden brown.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.