This avocado grilled cheese sandwich recipe blends together perfectly for a delicious and simple lunch. Make this avocado grilled cheese for an adult version of a childhood classic.
I have found my new FAVORITE lunch! The flavors in this sandwich melt together so PERFECTLY in your mouth! I just can’t say anything else….. YOU MUST TRY IT FOR YOURSELF….it’s just that good! Oh, and it takes less than 10 minutes to make!
Avocado Grilled Cheese Sandwich Recipe
Add tomato for even more flavor!
- 2 Slices of Bread
- 1 TBS Butter
- 1 Avocado Sliced
- 2 Slices Provolone Cheese
- 1 Fresh Basil Leaf
- Spread butter on each piece of bread.
- Heat skillet on medium and place one slice of bread butter side down in skillet.
- Place 1 slice of cheese on top of bread.
- Add sliced avocado on top of cheese.
- Tear up basil leaf and place on top of avocado.
- Top basil with second slice of cheese.
- Add second slice of bread on top of cheese with butter side facing up.
- Once the bottom slice of bread is toasted to desired amount, flip sandwich over.
- Cook until second slice of bread is toasted to desired amount.
- Serve hot.
For the bread, I typically use Honey Wheat since that's what we typically eat. But this recipe is AMAZING with multigrain bread too!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Saturday 29th of August 2015
This sounds delicious! I'm always looking for good lunch recipes and this is right up my alley :)
Danni Baird @ Silo Hill Farm
Monday 15th of October 2012
Oh I will definitely try that! Love avocados!
Wednesday 29th of August 2012
I was thinking about having grilled cheese sandwiches for dinner tonight so this yummy recipe is a bonus. Thanks!