This avocado grilled cheese sandwich recipe blends together perfectly for a delicious and simple lunch. Make this avocado grilled cheese for an adult version of a childhood classic.
I have found my new FAVORITE lunch! The flavors in this sandwich melt together so PERFECTLY in your mouth! I just can’t say anything else….. YOU MUST TRY IT FOR YOURSELF….it’s just that good! Oh, and it takes less than 10 minutes to make!
Add tomato for even more flavor!
- 2 Slices of Bread
- 1 TBS Butter
- 1 Avocado Sliced
- 2 Slices Provolone Cheese
- 1 Fresh Basil Leaf
- Spread butter on each piece of bread.
- Heat skillet on medium and place one slice of bread butter side down in skillet.
- Place 1 slice of cheese on top of bread.
- Add sliced avocado on top of cheese.
- Tear up basil leaf and place on top of avocado.
- Top basil with second slice of cheese.
- Add second slice of bread on top of cheese with butter side facing up.
- Once the bottom slice of bread is toasted to desired amount, flip sandwich over.
- Cook until second slice of bread is toasted to desired amount.
- Serve hot.
For the bread, I typically use Honey Wheat since that's what we typically eat. But this recipe is AMAZING with multigrain bread too!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.