This site contains affiliate links, 3rd party ads, and sponsored content. For more information please read our Disclosure Policy. As always, I only recommend products or services I personally use and love!
This Chai Latte Snickerdoodle Christmas Cookie Recipe is so delicious– I make it for cookie exchanges and everyone always begs for the recipe! These chai latte snickerdoodle cookies are dipped in white chocolate for the ultimate in holiday cheer!
Chai Latte Snickerdoodle Cookie Recipe
The perfect Christmas cookie recipe!
Okay, so earlier I shared with you my Gingerbread Chai Latte Recipe and nothing pairs more perfectly than these Chai Latte Snickerdoodles….it takes me back to that snowy daydream!
There’s just something about chai spice that takes me to a cold winter day and snickerdoodles are a total Christmas treat….so why not combine them. Then just dunk them in a little bit of melted Godiva white chocolate for a little added decadence.
When you pair these Chai Latte Snickerdoodle cookies with a nice warm Gingerbread Chai Latte you are transformed from your crazy toy filled living room and piles of laundry to a warm and snuggly chair by the fireplace. Just close your eyes and take a big whiff of the latte and a little nibble of cookie and you’ll dream of Christmas music wafting through the air with the sounds of embers crackling in the fireplace. You’ll want to pull the oversized cozy blanket tighter around you as the fresh snow falls outside.
Ah, the power of daydreams…..just taken a moment can totally lift you out of that winter funk and brighten your holiday spirit! So I highly suggest giving this Chai Latte Snickerdoodle Cookie Recipe a try…they make the perfect treat for a cookie exchange too!
Chai Snickerdoodle Holiday Cookies
- Cookie Ingredients:
- 2 C sugar
- 2 tsp. Wildtree Chai Tea Mix
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground allspice
- 1 C butter, room temp
- 2 eggs, room temp
- 1½ tsp vanilla
- 2¾ C flour
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ⅛ tsp salt
- Chocolate Ingredients:
- 1 bag of Ghirardelli white chocolate wafers
- Icing Ingredients:
- 2 egg whites
- 1 C powder sugar
- ½ tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Green and red gel food coloring
- Cookie Directions:
- -Preheat over to 350'
- -Combine the sugar, chai tea mix, cinnamon, ginger, and all spice.
- -Take out a half cup of the above sugar mixture and put it in a bowl set to the side for later
- -Cream the butter and the rest of the sugar mixture until it is light and fluffy.
- -Mix in the eggs and vanilla to the sugar mixture.
- -Sift the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl .
- Add this dry mixture gradually to creamed sugar mixture mixture and mix well.
- -Scoop the dough using a small ice cream scoop then; put these balls onto the lined cookie sheet.
- - Take each ball one at a time and roll each dough ball into the sugar mixture and place back on the lined cookie sheet
- -Place the dough balls at least 2 in. apart on the cookie sheets.
- -Bake at 350' degrees for 10-13 minutes or until edges begin to brown.
- -Allow for the cookies to slightly cool while still on the cookie sheet.
- -Move to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Chocolate Directions:
- -Using a double boiler melt the white chocolate, stirring constantly
- Icing Directions:
- -Separate the egg yolk from the whites. putting only the egg whites into a mixing bowl.
- -Stir in the sugar, cream of tarter and vanilla to the egg whites.
- -Beating on medium for 6 minutes.
- -If the icing has the appearance of soup or is yellow in color add more powder sugar, 1 cup.
- -Divide the icing equally into two bowls.
- -In the 1st bowl add some of the green gel food coloring, stirring to blend in the color.
- -In the 2nd bowl add some of the red gel food coloring, blend in all of the food coloring.
- -Scoop all of the green and red icing in individual piping bags with #2 tips.
- Adding the Chocolate and Holly & Berries:
- -Dip half of each cookie into the melted white chocolate.
- -Allow to dry by laying the cookies on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
- -Using the green and red icing add the holly and berries to each cookie.
- -Begin by using the green icing to make the holly, refer to the picture of the cookies for further examples.
- -Allow the holly to dry for 30 seconds before making three small red dots with the red icing.
- -Allow for this to dry completely.
What’s your favorite Christmas cookie? Share in the comments below!
You May Also Like: