Chinese Restaurant Donut Recipe
Sweet, flaky, and delicious Chinese Doughnut Recipe
I love those little sugary donuts that you get at Chinese restaurants! They melt in your mouth with their warm, sweet, taste! So, is it donut or doughnuts?? This seems to be a pretty split decision….half the people I ask say donut while the other half say doughnut. I guess it’s like the whole potato potato thing….except you can’t really hear the inflection in written form.
Well, the hubs and I are trying to eat out less and one of my new year’s resolutions was to try at least 2 new recipes a week- so of course, I had to make these! And let me just say…they taste exactly like the yummy goodness we get at the Chinese restaurant!!!
To make things even better- they are ridiculously easy to make! Once I found out this secret I was floored and now we enjoy this Chinese restaurant donut recipe all the time!
- Get a cheap can of biscuits. I used the .50 Kroger brand biscuits.
- Pinch the biscuits in half.
- Heat about 2 cups of vegetable oil in a pan(enough to come half way up the biscuits). It’s ready when you put a drop of water in the oil and it sizzles.
- Carefully drop your biscuit pieces in the oil and cook till golden brown (about 2 minutes on each side).
- Remove from oil and place on paper towel to drain extra oil.
- Coat with regular granulated sugar.
You May Also Like: