There’s nothing better for breakfast than some yummy Cracker Barrel….it’s southern comfort food that takes you back to grandma’s house! This Copycat Cracker Barrel Hashbrown Casserole Recipe is a cheesy delicious dish that the whole family will LOVE!
Table of Contents
Copycat Cracker Barrel Hashbrown Casserole Recipe
A simple, delicious, and cheesy breakfast casserole everyone will LOVE!
So, if you’re a regular here you know that I LOVE Cracker Barrel!
There’s something so comforting about their Southern style food….probably because I grew up on this food—good ole Southern cooking at it’s best!
Check Out These Delicious Cracker Barrel Chicken Recipes
Today though, I share with you the BEST copycat Cracker Barrel Hashbrown Casserole Recipe EVER! This is my absolute favorite dish to get at Cracker Barrel.
It’s so yummy with their hot biscuits, some scrambled eggs, and crispy bacon…..mmmmmmm such comfort food!
Now, I’ve tried many many many versions of Cracker Barrel’s hashbrown casserole copy cat recipes BUT none of them ever quite made the cut. There was always something different….too much sour cream, not enough cheese, low flavor, soggy potatoes, etc.
So, I started experimenting in the kitchen determined to find the right ingredients to make this family favorite dish!
I must say that this is probably as close as I’ll ever come to the original Cracker Barrel hashbrown casserole recipe and there’s a few tricks you can do to make it more authentic or keep it simple.
Printable Recipe for Cracker Barrel Hashbrown Casserole
This is the closest copycat version of Cracker Barrel's famous hashbrown casserole. The creamy cheesiness and crispy edges make this hashbrown casserole a hit for breakfast, lunch, or dinner!
- 16oz shredded potatoes (now, you can use frozen hashbrowns for the easy version or shred your own Idaho potatoes for a more authentic taste- I used frozen and it still tasted FABULOUS just know that the potatoes may be a bit soggy)
- 1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 8oz Cream Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 Cup Sharp Cheddar (now, to get a better flavor buy the bar cheese and shred it yourself or you can go the easy route and use pre-shredded- just know that the pre-shredded isn’t as flavorful)
- 1/2 Cup Colby Jack Cheese
- 1 small onion diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make sure your hashbrowns are dried well with a paper towel.
- Blend the cream cheese, sour cream, and cream of chicken soup.
- Mix cream mixture together with onions, potatoes, and cheese.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes (stirring half way through).
- Stir casserole once more, sprinkle with shredded cheese and up the oven temp to low broil for about 10 minutes or until the casserole is golden brown.
If your family loves cheese like mine does, feel free to add more cheese!
Now go enjoy some Cracker Barrel hashbrown casserole at home!
What’s your favorite Cracker Barrel dish? Share in the comments below!