These individual Mummy Meatloaf balls are the perfect Halloween snack for kids! They’re so easy to make, delicious, and not packed full of sugar like most Halloween treats. Plus the kids just gobble them up!
Table of Contents
Mummy Meatloaf: A Halloween Treat that’s NOT Full of Sugar!
Can you believe that Halloween is right around the corner???
I love Halloween…I mean it’s the first sign of fall and all that the season brings….like Pumpkin Spice EVERYTHING, cooler weather, cozy sweaters, and spooky fun! Halloween is such a fun holiday for kids and kids at heart. I love getting in the kitchen with the kids this time of year and whipping up delicious treats….like these meatball mummies!
The only problem is that most treats are packed full of sugar which I really don’t want to fill my kids with….they get plenty of sugar during all of the celebrating at school.
Plus, October is also Hubs and my anniversary along with Little Man’s birthday…so there’s TONS of celebrating going on over here!
That’s why I love finding fun treats that the kids can help make but are also healthier.
I love these yummy Mummy Meatloaf balls because you can really customize them to your own tastes and you can decide how healthy to make them. I’ve even hidden veggies in them before(a bag of frozen carrots or spinach mixed into the meatball mixture works great for adding in extra nutrients)!
Little Man adores helping out in the kitchen and this Mummy Meatloaf Minis Recipe is so simple to make that I let him help by mixing together the meatloaf mixture and forming the balls.
Adding the “bandages” is a little advanced for his age (he’ll be 4 at the end of the month) so I wrap the “bandages” and he places the eyes.
Okay, ready for the recipe??
Make sure you let the meatballs cool down before wrapping them in the crescent dough….you don’t want any burnt fingers!! 🙂
These are a great alternative to take for preschool parties and they’re delicious and nutritious enough that you can make them for Halloween dinner.
Printable Mummy Meatloaf Recipe: A Spooky Halloween Dinner
These mini individual sized Mummy Meatloaf balls make a spooky Halloween dinner the whole family will love! Pair with creamy mac and cheese for the ultimate Halloween dinner!
- ½ lb ground Italian sausage
- ½ lb ground beef, turkey or chicken
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup Italian bread crumbs
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Olive oil
- 1 package crescent dough (find it in your refrigerated section of the grocery store)
- Candy Eyes
- Black decorating gel
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with a non-stick silicone mat.
- Pour a bit of olive oil in a skillet and heat on medium heat.
- In a mixing bowl, add your meat, egg, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and seasoning.
- Using your hands, gently mix everything together.
- Form your meatballs and place in skillet.
- Brown your meatballs, cooking them almost all the way through.
- While the meatballs are cooking, unroll the crescent dough.
- Cut the dough into long strips.
- When your meatballs are done, pat dry, let cool, and wrap with the crescent roll strips.
- Place on your baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the crescent dough is golden brown.
- Once baked, use a small drop of decorating gel on the back of a candy eye and attach to the mummy meatloaf ball.
- Serve with a cup of marinara sauce (or "blood" as my son put it) to dunk into.
During Halloween I add these candy eyes to just about everything I cook! It's a fun way to make dinner a little more spooky this time of year!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.