Loaded Cheesy Garlic Mashed Potato Recipe
Creamy, delicious, and easy mashed potatoes!
Oh boy do we love mashed potatoes in my house! It’s the one dish I know that Little Man will eat every time….can you believe I have like the one kid on Earth that doesn’t like Mac & Cheese?! Yeah, Hubs is missing my Ultimate Crock Pot Mac & Cheese but I think I made up for it with these loaded mashed potatoes!
The nice thing about these potatoes is that the garlic isn’t overpowering….sometimes when we get garlic mashed potatoes at a restaurant the garlic and the salt kill the creamy potato goodness….and you can always add more or less depending on your own tastes!
- 4 Medium Idaho Potatoes
- 1 Cup of Milk
- 1 TBS Garlic Powder
- 1 TBS Butter
- ¼ Cup Sour Cream
- ½ Cup Monterrey Jack Shredded Cheese
- Dash Salt
- Dash Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel and dice the potatoes into little cubes.
- Put potatoes in a pot of water and boil for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender....you should be able to easily cut through them with a fork or spoon.
- Drain the water from the potatoes.
- Add in milk, garlic powder, butter, sour cream, salt, and pepper and mash all ingredients together. You can either use a potato masher or a mixer-- a mixer will give you a creamy consistency.
- You can add more milk if you want the potatoes to be creamier....at this point add ingredients slowly to get the desired taste that you want.
- Pour mashed potatoes into a baking dish.
- Sprinkle cheese on top of potatoes and place in oven.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is fully melted.
Now you can always finish loading these potatoes up with some chives and bacon but I only add those on special occasions. 😉