This post may contain affiliate links. We only share items that we love and make a small percentage of the sale if you choose to buy through our links- but there's never any added cost to you...our earnings go to important stuff like more coffee to survive the toddler years!
Loaded Cheesy Garlic Mashed Potato Recipe
Creamy, delicious, and easy mashed potatoes!
Oh boy do we love mashed potatoes in my house! It’s the one dish I know that Little Man will eat every time….can you believe I have like the one kid on Earth that doesn’t like Mac & Cheese?! Yeah, Hubs is missing my Ultimate Crock Pot Mac & Cheese but I think I made up for it with these loaded mashed potatoes!
The nice thing about these potatoes is that the garlic isn’t overpowering….sometimes when we get garlic mashed potatoes at a restaurant the garlic and the salt kill the creamy potato goodness….and you can always add more or less depending on your own tastes!
- 4 Medium Idaho Potatoes
- 1 Cup of Milk
- 1 TBS Garlic Powder
- 1 TBS Butter
- ¼ Cup Sour Cream
- ½ Cup Monterrey Jack Shredded Cheese
- Dash Salt
- Dash Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel and dice the potatoes into little cubes.
- Put potatoes in a pot of water and boil for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender....you should be able to easily cut through them with a fork or spoon.
- Drain the water from the potatoes.
- Add in milk, garlic powder, butter, sour cream, salt, and pepper and mash all ingredients together. You can either use a potato masher or a mixer-- a mixer will give you a creamy consistency.
- You can add more milk if you want the potatoes to be creamier....at this point add ingredients slowly to get the desired taste that you want.
- Pour mashed potatoes into a baking dish.
- Sprinkle cheese on top of potatoes and place in oven.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is fully melted.
Now you can always finish loading these potatoes up with some chives and bacon but I only add those on special occasions. 😉
Join the Challenge
Are you ready to start spring cleaning but just overwhelmed with where to start? I'm right there with you! Join along in the 5 Day Spring Cleaning Challenge!!