This Slow Cooker Beef Tips with Gravy Recipe is the perfect comfort food for a cold winter day! Toss it in the slow cooker, go out and play in the snow, then come back for a delicious and simple dinner.
Slow Cooker Beef Tips with Gravy Recipe
Comfort Food at It’s Best!
You guys know how I LOVE LOVE LOVE my slow cooker…right?! I mean, you just toss dinner in, go do whatever needs to be done all day, and come home to a dinner that’s ready to eat! If you have never cooked dinner in a slow cooker– give it a try– you’ll be totally addicted! This is my favorite slow cooker because you can just set it and forget it– when your food is done it automatically switches over to warm mode. It’s perfect for those days when you’re not quite sure if you’ll be home in time.
Oh, and clean-up is a breeze because it’s just one dish….and now that I use slow cooker liners clean up is even easier! Seriously, if you haven’t tried slow cooker liners yet you MUST…they are AWESOME! And, no this is not a sponsored post for slow cooker liners.
Slow Cooker Beef Tips with Gravy
- 2-3 lbs. boneless chuck, cut into 1 inch cubes
- ½ c. flour
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 c. beer
- ¼ c. flour
- 2 cups of diced carrots
- 4 potatoes peeled and quartered.
- Roll beef cubes in the ½ cup flour.
- Place in bottom of crock pot.
- Top with onion, salt, pepper, and garlic.
- Pour beer over top (you can substitute beer for any carbonated liquid-- it's what makes the beef so tender).
- Add in carrots and potatoes.
- Cover and cook on low 7 hours until meat is tender.
- Turn control to high.
- Dissolve remaining ¼ cup flour in small amount of water.
- Stir into meat mixture, cook on high 30-40 minutes- until sauce thickens.
What’s your favorite comfort food during cold winter days?
You May Also Like: