Eggplant is such a hard vegetable to pair with other side dishes for dinner- I think anyways…. it always seems to go with pasta! But eggplant parm is just too heavy for these summer months! I really wanted eggplant so I decided to pair it with my take of summer pasta. This meal is packed with light summer veggies yet hearty enough to feed your hungriest man! My husband hates vegetarian nights because he claims the food is too lite and he’s hungry again an hour after dinner– but not with this dish!
First you’re going to want to make your eggplant. This is the same way I prepare eggplant for eggplant parm…. I’ll share that recipe with you in the fall! 🙂 So, check out yesterday’s recipe for how to make the PERFECT EGGPLANT.
Now, the Pasta Excellente to go with the eggplant.
Whole Wheat Angel Hair Pasta
1- Medium Squash
1- Medium Zucchini
1 TBS Italian Seasoning
3 TBS- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Grated Parmesan Cheese
1. Slice tomatoes in half and place on baking pan. (sliced side up)
2. Slice squash and zucchini and place on baking pan.
3. Mix italian seasoning with 1 TBS EVOO and drizzle over vegetables.
4. Bake vegetables in oven at 350 for 20 minutes- broil for last 3-5 minutes- until golden.
5. Cook pasta according to directions.
6. Toss together pasta, remaining EVOO, and vegetables.
7. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
8. Serve with Perfect Eggplant.