Do you ever get bored of plain old rice? I DO!
My husband is from Puerto Rico and he’s used to eating rice at just about every meal. I get bored with it rather quickly and now he gets rice about 2-3 times a week…I just can’t do it every day!
My mother-in-law came over and cooked the night we brought our son home from the hospital and she made this rice… now I didn’t know at the time if it was REALLY that good or if I was just excited to have some real food after having hospital food all week…
well, it was REALLY that good!
Now I make this all the time!
1 can Cream of Onion Soup
A neat little trick I learned from a friend:
Light a candle when cutting onions to keep your eyes from watering… it really works!
1. Chop the onion into diced pieces.
2. Melt the butter in a large skillet and sauté the onion.
3. Once onion is cooked add raw rice and let it brown.
4. Once rice is brown (not burnt) add the cream of onion soup and water.
5. Cover and cook on medium heat until rice is done. Stir frequently so it doesn’t stick to the bottom and burn. You can add more water if needed.
Using sweet onions makes this dish really tasty! Even people who don’t normally like onions Love this rice!
Don’t forget to link up at the Manic Monday Linky Party!