Warm up your taste buds and embark on a culinary adventure with the mouthwatering 7 Can Chicken Taco Soup recipe. This easy-to-make soup is not only a time-saver but also a flavor-packed delight that will leave your family and friends asking for seconds.
Table of Contents
Let’s explore the role of each ingredient in creating this savory masterpiece and answer some frequently asked questions to ensure a seamless cooking experience.
Ingredients for 7 Can Chicken Taco Soup:
- Chicken Breast (1-2 lbs): Start with 1-2lbs of boneless skinless chicken breasts cooked and shredded. This protein-packed ingredient adds heartiness to the soup, making it a satisfying meal on its own.
- Black Beans (1 can): Black beans contribute a rich and earthy flavor to the soup. They’re an excellent source of fiber and protein, adding nutritional value to your meal.
- Pinto Beans (1 can): Pinto beans add another layer of hearty flavor to the soup. Again, they’re an excellent source of fiber and protein.
- Chili Beans (1 can): Chili beans are already packed full of spicy flavor, so I add a can to add an extra burst to this taco soup.
- Corn (1 can): Sweet corn kernels bring a burst of sweetness and a satisfying crunch to the soup. They also enhance the visual appeal with their vibrant yellow color.
- Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies (1 can): This canned ingredient is a flavor powerhouse, providing a zesty kick to the soup. The tomatoes add acidity, while the green chilies bring a subtle heat that elevates the overall taste.
- Rotel (1 can): A combination of diced tomatoes and green chilies, Rotel adds an extra layer of flavor and spice to the soup. It’s a key player in achieving that authentic taco taste.
- Chicken Broth (1 can): Chicken broth serves as the flavorful base of the soup. It not only provides liquid but also infuses the dish with a comforting and savory essence.
- Taco Seasoning (1 packet or 2 tablespoons): The magic ingredient that ties everything together. Taco seasoning brings a harmonious blend of spices, including cumin, chili powder, garlic, and onion, giving the soup its distinct taco flavor.
FAQs for this Chicken Taco Soup Recipe
Can I use canned chicken instead of fresh chicken breast?
Absolutely! I use fresh chicken because I prefer the taste and consistency. But, to save time, you can use canned chicken. Just drain the chicken and add it to your pot with the rest of the canned ingredients.
Are there any alternatives for black beans?
Sure! You can substitute black beans with kidney beans, navy beans, or your favorite beans.
Can I make this soup in a slow cooker?
Yes, you can. Combine all the ingredients in a slow cooker and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until heated through.
Is it possible to make this soup vegetarian?
Certainly! Omit the chicken and use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth for a delicious vegetarian version.
How do I store leftovers?
Store any leftover soup in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. Reheat on the stovetop or in the microwave before serving.
Printable Recipe: 7 Can Chicken Taco Soup
Dive into the delightful world of 7 Can Chicken Taco Soup, where simplicity meets sensational flavor. This easy recipe is a game-changer for busy days when you crave a comforting and delicious meal. Gather your cans, follow the steps, and get ready to savor the warmth and spice of this hearty taco-inspired soup. Your taste buds will thank you!
- 1-2lbs chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can chili beans - DO NOT Drain
- 1 can sweet corn, drained
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 can Rotel
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1 packet (or 2 tablespoons) taco seasoning
- In a large pot, boil and shred the chicken breasts.
- Combine all the canned ingredients: black beans, pinto beans, chili beans, sweet corn, diced tomatoes with green chilies, Rotel, and chicken broth.
- Stir in the taco seasoning, ensuring it is evenly distributed.
- Bring the soup to a gentle boil over medium heat, then reduce the heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Serve hot, garnished with your favorite toppings like shredded cheese, sliced avocado, or a dollop of sour cream.
Easily change this recipe up by replacing the chicken with ground beef or ground turkey. Simple brown up the meat before adding the canned ingredients.