This Strawberry Banana Bread Recipe is a family favorite. The sweet taste of banana bread with the tart addition of strawberries makes this Strawberry Banana Bread an easy recipe perfect for breakfast or dessert!
Strawberry Banana Bread Recipe
A Fun Spin on a Classic Favorite!
[clickToTweet tweet=”Make this Strawberry Banana Bread for a sweet twist on a classic treat! #recipe #baking” quote=”Make this Strawberry Banana Bread for a sweet twist on a classic treat! #recipe #baking”]
The whole family loves this delicious Strawberry Banana Bread Recipe because it has the classic taste of banana bread but with the added sweetness of strawberries….perfect for Spring!
There’s something about combining strawberry and banana that just makes Spring feel like it’s right around the corner. Last week I shared this Strawberry Cupcake Recipe with Banana Cream Frosting which is always a hit at parties. But, for an everyday recipe, this homemade banana bread with strawberries makes a simple and delicious snack.
I love to go strawberry picking with the kids at a local farm and then come home and we bake this bread together. It teaches the kids about where food comes from and gives them something yummy to eat as well.
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries, hull removed and sliced
- 1 C banana mashed
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Use a 9x5 loaf pan and coat in a light dusting of flour.
- Make sure it is evenly coated.
- In a medium bowl add butter, sugar and cream cheese and mix with an electric mixer and cream until fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Add in your vanilla and mix to combine.
- In separate large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Slowly add your butter mixture to your flour mixture and stir to combine. .
- Add whole milk and only stir until just combined; do not over mix.
- Carefully fold in strawberries and banana's.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for 50-60 minutes.
- Let it cool for at least 15 minutes before removing from pan.