This strawberry cupcake recipe has a hint of banana that makes it the perfect spring treat! Make this strawberry cupcake recipe and top with the banana buttercream icing for a delicious dessert!
Strawberry Cupcake Recipe
With Homemade Banana Buttercream Icing
Strawberry Cupcake Recipe with Banana Buttercream Icing
- Cupcake Ingredients:
- 1/3 C strawberry preserves
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 3 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, room temp
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pink gel food coloring
- Frosting Ingredients:
- 1 C soft unsalted butter
- 4 + C powder sugar
- 4 TBSP heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp banana flavoring
- Fresh bananas
- Strawberry preserves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line cupcake pan with paper liners.
- Separate egg whites from yolks and put yolks to the side.
- Beat the egg whites on high speed until soft peaks form about 2-3 minutes. Set aside.
- Beat butter on high speed until smooth and creamy about one minute.
- Add the sugar to the butter, beating on high until the butter and sugar are creamed together. (3-4 minutes)
- Beat on medium-high speed while adding in the egg yolks and vanilla.
- Reducing the speed to low begin to add the flour and baking powder slowly while adding in the milk.. Alternate with the flour mixture and milk, mix after each addition, and ending with the addition of the flour mixture. Be careful to just blend the ingredients not over beat.
- Using a spatula gently fold in the egg whites, pink gel food coloring and strawberry preserves.
- Using a medium ice cream scoop the batter into the lined cupcake tins.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-24 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the cupcake pan for about 5 minutes.
- Transfer cupcakes to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cream the butter and powder sugar until it looks light and creamy.
- Add the banana flavoring. Mix well.
- If it doesn't cream add several drops of the heavy whipping cream until it creams.
- Test to see if the frosting can form and hold a stiff peak by taking a spoonful of frosting and turning the spoon upside down. If the frosting stays on the spoon it is ready if not then....
- Add more powder sugar 1/2 C at a time.... mix well.
- If ready scoop the frosting into a pastry bag with a large tip.
- Twist the open end of the pastry bag to push the frosting to the tip.
- Start by frosting on the outside edge of the cupcake working to the center of the cupcake.
- Drizzle the frosted cupcake with thinned strawberry preserves. (Add several tablespoons of water to the preserves... slightly heat to blend then allow to cool completely.)
- Cut the banana in slices.
- Add the sliced banana to the top of the cupcake.
These strawberry cupcakes with banana buttercream frosting are a delicious spring treat! Sometimes I don’t even bother adding the frosting and the kids LOVE the cupcakes by themselves!
You may also like: