Have you ever had a craving for something but just couldn’t figure it out…so you started mixing things together in the kitchen? No? Just me? Yeah, I tend to open up my pantry and start tossing ingredients that I have on hand together to try to fix my current urge to eat everything in there. Sometimes it’s a total disaster, but every once in a while, this tactic works incredibly well!
I was wanting strawberry cheesecake but didn’t have all of the ingredients on hand, so I was inspired to combine the luscious flavors of strawberry and cheesecake with my favorite cookie recipe…because I always keep the basics for cookies on hand in the pantry.
What emerged from my oven were these heavenly Strawberry Cheesecake Cookies, a delightful fusion of flavors that quickly became a hit at summer gatherings!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cream cheese baking chips
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, diced
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, followed by the vanilla extract. Mix well after each addition.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, mixing until just combined.
- Gently fold in the cream cheese baking chips (I use these) and diced strawberries, ensuring they are evenly distributed throughout the dough.
- Using a cookie scoop or tablespoon, drop rounded portions of dough onto the prepared baking sheet, spacing them about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges turn golden brown.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.