This is by far my absolute FAVORITE way to make chicken!
It’s like having good ole fried chicken without the frying part.
Rice Crispy Chicken- Baked Not Fried!
When I first started dating my husband this was my go to because he would gobble it up and believe that I was a fantastic cook. Luckily, for him, I’ve gotten much better at cooking and I’ve expanded my recipe repertoire but this is still a favorite go to.
I know you’ve probably heard of Ritz cracker chicken or Corn Flakes chicken but they pale in comparison to Rice Crispy Chicken.
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 cups (roughly- I never measure) Rice Crispy cereal
1 stick margarine
Crush Rice Crispy cereal
I usually pour it in a zip-lock and use a rolling pin to crush it so that some of it’s a fine dust but leave some bigger pieces too.
2. Melt the butter in a separate bowl.
I usually pop it in the microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
3. Add salt and pepper to butter and mix well.
4. Dip chicken in butter then cover with crushed Rice Crispy cereal.
5. Be generous with the cereal and place on baking sheet lined with foil.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked.