This easy baked pesto chicken recipe is a delicious and easy-to-prepare dish that combines the flavors of tender chicken breast with the bold flavors of pesto sauce, garden tomatoes, and fresh mozzarella.
If you’re looking for a delicious and simple dish that the whole family will love then this baked pesto chicken with tomatoes and mozzarella is the perfect dinner recipe. The ingredients are fresh, flavorful, and so easy to bake in just 40 minutes. Serve over pasta, potatoes, or rice and you’ve got a delicious dinner for a busy night.
Baked Pesto Chicken Recipe
This delicious baked pesto chicken recipe is topped with pesto sauce, sliced tomatoes, and fresh mozzarella cheese for a simple and healthy dinner.
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 6oz Jar Pesto Sauce
- 2 Beefsteak Tomatoes Sliced
- Fresh Mozzarella Sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a 9x12 casserole dish, lay chicken breasts flat.
- Top chicken with pesto sauce.
- Add sliced tomatoes on top of pesto covered chicken breasts.
- Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until internal temperature of chicken breasts reaches 165 degrees and is cooked throughly.
- Remove from oven and top with remaining fresh tomatoes.
Double up this recipe and make delicious pesto chicken sandwiches later in the week.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.