Cobbler Pie- A Lighter Shepherd’s Pie Recipe
When I’m strapped for time I love to throw together this quick, delicious, 30 minute meal! This meal is PERFECT for any season! I love that it’s so light compared to a thick saucy shepherd’s pie recipe– it makes this dish a great alternative when you don’t want such a rich and heavy dish but want some shepherd’s pie. 🙂
I usually keep all ingredients on hand at all times that way I can easily throw it together for a last minute meal– and make extra– it’s AMAZING reheated the next day for lunches!
- 1lb Ground Beef
- 1 TBS Minced Garlic
- 2 Cups Mixed Veggies
- 2 Cups Mashed Potatoes
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheese
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet with the minced garlic for flavor.
- Add in the mixed veggies-- I used frozen that way they're always on hand-- I usually use peas and carrots but whatever you have on hand works well.
- Pour the ground beef and veggies into a casserole dish.
- Make your mashed potatoes and spread on top of casserole dish.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.