Indulge in the heavenly fusion of classic French toast and crispy waffles with our mouthwatering French Toast Waffles recipe. Discover the perfect balance of flavors and learn how to make French Toast Waffles that will leave your taste buds craving for more.
You know how I LOVE coming up with unique breakfast ideas! Well, this one, by far, is the most excellent… I think anyways!!!
Why Choose French Toast Waffles?
French Toast Waffles offer the best of both worlds, merging the rich and custardy texture of French toast with the irresistible crispy edges of waffles. This creative twist on two beloved breakfast classics is sure to impress your family and friends. Whether you’re hosting a brunch or simply treating yourself to a decadent morning meal, French Toast Waffles are the perfect choice.
Easy French Toast Waffles
To make these delectable French Toast Waffles, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 4 slices of thick-cut bread (brioche or challah work best)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
- Butter or cooking spray for greasing the waffle iron
- Toppings of your choice: maple syrup, fresh fruits, powdered sugar, whipped cream, etc.
- Preheat your waffle iron according to its instructions.
- In a shallow bowl or pie dish, whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and nutmeg until well combined. This mixture will serve as the batter for your French Toast Waffles.
- Dip each slice of bread into the egg mixture, allowing it to soak for a few seconds on each side. Make sure to coat the bread evenly, ensuring every bite is packed with flavor.
- Grease the preheated waffle iron with butter or cooking spray to prevent sticking.
- Place the soaked bread slices onto the waffle iron, ensuring they cover the entire surface evenly. Close the waffle iron and cook for approximately 3-4 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- Carefully remove the French Toast Waffles from the waffle iron and transfer them to a serving plate. Repeat the process with the remaining bread slices.
- Serve your French Toast Waffles warm with your favorite toppings. Maple syrup, fresh fruits, powdered sugar, or a dollop of whipped cream are all excellent choices to enhance the flavor and presentation.
Tips for Perfect French Toast Waffles:
- Choose thick-cut bread like brioche or challah to ensure a fluffy and custardy interior.
- Allow the bread slices to soak in the egg mixture long enough to absorb the flavors fully, but not too long to prevent them from becoming too soggy.
- Grease the waffle iron generously to achieve a crispy exterior.
- Experiment with different toppings to personalize your French Toast Waffles and add extra layers of deliciousness.
- If you’re serving a crowd, keep the cooked waffles warm in a preheated oven at a low temperature (around 200°F or 93°C) until ready to serve.
French Toast Waffles are the ultimate breakfast indulgence that combines the best of French toast and waffles into a single delightful dish. With their crispy exterior, fluffy interior, and endless topping possibilities, these waffles are sure to satisfy your cravings and impress your loved ones.
- 4 slices of thick-cut bread
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg (optional)
- Butter or cooking spray
- Toppings of your choice (maple syrup, fresh fruits, powdered sugar, whipped cream)
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Whisk eggs, milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a bowl.
- Dip bread slices into the egg mixture, coating evenly.
- Grease waffle iron with butter or cooking spray.
- Place soaked bread slices on the waffle iron.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- Remove waffles from the iron and repeat with remaining slices.
- Serve warm with desired toppings.
- Use thick-cut bread like brioche or challah.
- Soak the bread long enough to absorb flavors without becoming too soggy.
- Generously grease the waffle iron for a crispy exterior.
- Experiment with different toppings to personalize your waffles.
- Keep cooked waffles warm in a preheated oven until serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.