Indulging in the luscious sweetness of strawberries can be a divine experience, especially when they are elegantly incorporated into a classic dessert like flan. The creamy custard base complemented by the vibrant burst of strawberries creates a symphony of flavors that dance on the taste buds.
In this blog post, we’ll guide you through a delightful strawberry flan recipe, perfect for any occasion.
Table of Contents
Ingredients for Strawberry Flan
The flavors in this strawberry flan recipe meld together in a harmonious symphony, offering a tantalizing taste experience:
- Fresh Strawberries: The star of the show, fresh strawberries bring a burst of vibrant sweetness and a subtle tartness. They infuse the custard with a natural, fruity essence, adding a delightful contrast to the creamy base.
- Caramel: The caramel layer provides a rich, deep sweetness that complements the strawberries perfectly. It adds a hint of bitterness and a delightful contrast to the creamy custard, creating a well-balanced sweetness.
- Eggs: The eggs enrich the custard, lending a velvety texture and a creamy, custardy flavor that binds all the ingredients together. They contribute to the classic flan taste, providing the base with its signature richness.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk: The sweetened condensed milk adds a creamy sweetness and a slightly caramelized flavor, enhancing the overall sweetness and creaminess of the flan.
- Evaporated Milk:
- The evaporated milk contributes to the creamy texture and richness of the custard. It offers a subtle caramelized note and a creamy, smooth taste that elevates the overall flavor profile.
- Vanilla Extract: Vanilla extract introduces a warm and comforting aroma, enhancing the custard with a gentle sweetness and a touch of floral and woody undertones. It harmonizes with the strawberries and caramel, rounding out the flavors.
- Granulated Sugar: Granulated sugar is a fundamental sweetener that not only sweetens the custard but also plays a crucial role in creating the caramel layer. It adds the necessary sweetness to balance the tartness of the strawberries.
In this strawberry flan recipe, the flavors come together in a delightful blend, showcasing the natural sweetness of strawberries against the rich creaminess of the custard and the sweet, caramel undertones.
Each bite is a delightful fusion of fruity, creamy, and slightly caramelized flavors that will leave your taste buds craving for more.
Step by Step Instructions
- Prepare the Caramel: Begin by making the caramel. In a saucepan, melt 1/2 cup of granulated sugar over medium heat until it turns a golden brown color. Stir constantly to prevent burning. Pour the caramel into a flan mold or ramekin, coating the bottom evenly. Let it cool and harden.
- Prepare the Custard Mixture: In a blender, combine the eggs, sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk, and vanilla extract. Blend until smooth and well combined.
- Add Strawberries: Arrange the sliced strawberries over the caramel layer in the flan mold.
- Pour the Custard Mixture: Carefully pour the custard mixture over the strawberries and caramel in the flan mold.
- Bake: Preheat the oven to 325°F (160°C). Place the flan mold in a baking pan and add water to the pan, creating a water bath around the mold. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until the flan is set. To check for doneness, insert a toothpick; it should come out clean.
- Chill: Allow the flan to cool to room temperature, then refrigerate for at least 4 hours or preferably overnight to chill and set.
- Serve: Once chilled, run a knife around the edges of the mold, place a serving plate on top, and carefully invert the flan onto the plate. The caramel will drizzle over the flan, and the strawberries will be beautifully displayed.
Printable Recipe: Strawberry Flan
Discover a delightful twist on the classic flan with our Strawberry Flan Recipe. Creamy custard, sweet caramel, and vibrant strawberries combine to create a luscious dessert.
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup water
Caramel: Melt 1/2 cup sugar until golden, pour into mold.
Custard Mixture: Blend eggs, condensed milk, evaporated milk, and vanilla.
Add Strawberries: Arrange over caramel in the mold.
Bake: 325°F for 50-60 mins in a water bath.
Chill: Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
Serve: Invert onto a plate, allowing caramel to drizzle. Enjoy!