This stuffed zucchini boats with ground beef recipe is a simple healthy meal that hides a lot of veggies….it’s perfect for picky eaters. Hollowed out zucchini is stuffed with ground beef, peppers, onions, and topped with monterrey jack cheese.
Zucchini Boats with Ground Beef
A delicious and easy meal that hides veggies for picky eaters!
This year is all about taking simple and affordable steps toward eating healthier. Well, this Zucchini Boats with Ground Beef Recipe is a delicious step in that direction.
I prefer to buy the vegetables at our local farmer’s market because even though their veggies aren’t “certified organic” they are very close. Every time I talk with my local farmers, it amazes me how difficult it is for the to qualify as “certified organic” and the extreme costs associated with it. If you haven’t been to your local farmer’s market…definitely give it a try!
Make these zucchini boats with ground beef for dinner tonight and they whole family will be begging for more. Sub out the ground beef for ground turkey to make it even healthier!
- 1 TBS Olive Oil
- 1 cup red and yellow peppers diced (about 5 small peppers)
- 1 medium Vidalia onion diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 Medium Zucchinis
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterrey Jack Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet on medium heat.
- Sautee peppers and onion for 5 minutes.
- Add in ground beef and brown.
- While ground beef is cooking wash and slice the zucchini in half.
- Scoop out inside flesh of zucchini to create boats.
- Chop up zucchini flesh that you removed and add to ground beef mixture.
- Spray cookie sheet with olive oil.
- Place zucchini boats on cookie sheet.
- Fill zucchini boats with beef mixture.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
After you make this Zucchini Boats with Ground Beef Recipe make sure you come back and let us know how you liked it!
You May Also Like: