Potonions- A Unique Vegetable Recipe
Have you ever heard of Potonions?
Don’t worry, neither had I until one of my closest friends, Joy, made them for dinner a few weeks back. Once my family and I tried them we couldn’t get enough! They are a unique vegetable recipe that’s sure to please!
Did you know that onions are actually a VERY healthy vegetable? Little Man will gobble up sauteed vidalia onions faster than any other item on his plate! Many people think of onions as a garnish but don’t underestimate this delicious vegetable– it’s packed full of vitamin C and fiber! I also know MANY people that say they don’t like onions (Hubs was one of those people when we started dating) BUT it depends on the onion! There are MANY different types of onions out there and they all have distinctly different tastes– similar to cheese…..just because you don’t like blue cheese doesn’t mean you can’t LOVE some provolone!!
I have tried several times to recreate Joy’s potonions but have failed….until tonight! Joy swears by using an electric skillet to get the flavoring right…unfortunately I don’t have an electric skillet and I have no more room in the pantry for one so I gotta work with what I’ve got. Although my potonions are not exactly like Joy’s they are close enough that my family gobbled them right up and wanted more!
- 2 Medium Onions
- 3 Potatoes
- 1 TBS Exxtra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ TBS Garlic Powder
- Dice potatoes and onions.
- Pour olive oil in a skillet and heat on medium heat.
- Add potatoes and onions to skillet.
- Sprinkle potatoes and onions with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Cover skillet with lid.
- Cook on medium heat for 10 minutes then uncover.
- Stir sparingly...you want to give the potatoes and onions time to brown.
- Cook for an additional 15 minutes or until potatoes are cooked all the way through.
Make sure you check out all of my other Family Friendly Recipes….they’re sure to please the pickiest of eaters!