This site contains affiliate links, 3rd party ads, and sponsored content. For more information please read our Disclosure Policy. As always, I only recommend products or services I personally use and love!
Ultimate BBQ Baked Chicken Recipe
The BEST bar-be-que chicken baked in the oven and ready in 30 minutes!
I LOVE grilling out! We normally grill out 2-3 times a week during the Spring, Summer, and early Fall….but unfortunately it’s just too darn cold during these Winter months! Luckily I came up with this Ultimate BBQ Baked Chicken Recipe that tastes just as yummy as cooking out on the grill but done in the warmth of the kitchen!
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 Cup BBQ Sauce
- 1 Medium Onion
- 1 TBS Butter
- 1 Cup shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Butterfly chicken breasts and place in a baking dish in oven for 15 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking in oven melt the butter in a skillet on medium heat.
- Slice onion and sautee in the skillet with the butter.
- Remove chicken and flip over-continue cooking additional 10 minutes.
- Remove chicken and make sure it is cooked through- no pink when cut open.
- Pour BBQ sauce over chicken breasts.
- Top with sauteed onions and shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is fully melted.
What else would you add to make this chicken even yummier??