Honey Lemon Chicken Recipe
This is a great baked chicken recipe that’s not overpowering. The honey lemon seasoning is light, sweet, tangy, and down right delicious!
I love that this recipe is a quick 5 minute prep and it’s freezer friendly– just mix all the ingredients, coat the chicken, and throw in the freezer before baking for a quick simple meal!
- 3 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1/4 Cup Honey
- 1/4 Cup Melted Butter
- 1 Lemon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- I cut the chicken into smaller pieces but you can make the whole breast– just note cooking times will be a bit longer.
- Mix together honey and melted butter.
- Add in lemon zest. To zest a lemon you’ll want to use a fine grater and scrape the outside peel of the lemon– only scrape the yellow– once you get to the white the lemon becomes too tart and you don’t want that.
- Squeeze the lemon juice into the honey butter mixture.
- Mix all ingredients well and pour over chicken in a baking dish.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Flip chicken and bake an additional 15 minutes.
- Check that chicken is done all the way through.
- Spoon the juices back over the chicken.
- Broil for 5 minutes or until chicken is a golden brown and sauce has caramelized on top.
Make sure you check out all of my other Family Friendly Recipes….they’re sure to please the pickiest of eaters!