This stuffed chicken recipe is so simple to make but tastes like you spent the whole afternoon cooking! Plus, it’s a one dish meal which I love! Give this stuffed chicken recipe a try today!
Bacon, Goat Cheese, and Basil Stuffed Chicken Recipe
Easier to make than it looks!
I absolutely love making stuffed chicken recipes because they not only taste delicious but they’re super simple for a fast dinner. Even though they look like a complex recipe that would take forever bringing together for dinner stuffed chicken breasts are actually quite easy.
The nice thing about making a stuffed chicken recipe is that you can mix up the ingredients and really customize the flavors for your own personal tastes….or, do like I do, and grab whatever you have on hand. This is a great throw together meal!
- 2 T. olive oil
- 4 6-oz. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 oz. goat cheese, divided
- 6 strips of cooked bacon, crispy and crumbled
- 6 basil leaves, rolled and thinly sliced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Butterfly the chicken,
- Season the chicken breast with salt and pepper,
- Add 1/4 of the goat cheese, crumbled bacon, and sliced basil leaves to each breast.
- Fold the breasts in half so the cheese mixture is inside the chicken breast.
- Secure with long wooden toothpicks, if desired.
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a large oven-safe skillet.
- Add the stuffed chicken breasts to the pan to sear.
- Once browned on the bottom, carefully turn each breast over and repeat on the other side. Season top and bottom with salt and pepper, if desired, during this process.
- Place skillet in preheated oven and cook until an instant read thermometer reads 165 degrees when inserted, approximately 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cover until ready to serve.
- A few minutes before removing the chicken from the oven, start making the balsamic glaze. Heat balsamic vinegar in a small sauce pan over medium-high heat.
- Stir while heating until the vinegar is reduced to about 1/3 of its original volume.
- To serve, place a stuffed chicken breast on each plate and drizzle with balsamic glaze.
What’s your favorite ingredients to stuff inside chicken? Share in the comments below!
You may also like: