An easy air fryer chicken pot pie with cream of chicken soup, rotisserie chicken, and frozen vegetables make this a recipe that will have your family begging for more. This air fryer chicken pot pie recipe is just as delicious as the one grandma makes but so much easier!
I love making one dish meals because it means less clean up and this air fryer chicken pot pie recipe is the perfect one dish meal on cold winter nights!
Table of Contents
Why Make Chicken Pot Pie for Dinner
A delicious one dish meal for a cold winter night!
As a kid I can remember my grandmother working in the kitchen for hours making everything to go into her scrumptious chicken pot pie recipe. She would start cooking right after lunch and the whole house would smell so wonderful!
Now, I LOVE my grandmother and I LOVE her cooking and I LOVE her chicken pot pie…..BUT there is no way I’m going to spend HOURS in the kitchen making one for my family!
Why Use Semi-Homemade Ingredients for this Recipe
Don’t get me wrong….I adore my family!
I want them to eat the delicious food that I grew up eating…..I just don’t have the time to spend HOURS in the kitchen cooking that meal! I guess times were simpler back then….I mean, bless my grandma….she really was a SuperMom…..I’ll just have to settle for being a semi-Supermom.
Which works out just fine because this is a semi-homemade chicken pot pie with cream of chicken soup recipe that tastes almost just like my grandmas real chicken pot pie recipe! 😉 Hey, it’s okay….we do what we can as moms and hope for the best!
The BEST Air Fryer for Families
Over the years I’ve had my fair share of air fryers, but when you are regularly cooking for a family of 5, many of those air fryers are just too small. That’s why I fell in love with this air fryer and it now lives on my counter because I use it almost every single day!
The Kalorik Maxx 26-qt. Digital Air Fryer Toaster Oven is an outstanding choice for families seeking a versatile and efficient cooking appliance. Here’s why it stands out as the best air fryer for families:
- Ample Capacity:
- With its generous 26-quart capacity, this air fryer can accommodate large batches of food, making it ideal for families. You can cook multiple servings at once, reducing the need for multiple cooking cycles.
- This appliance is not just an air fryer; it’s a combination of an air fryer, toaster oven, and more. It offers a wide range of cooking functions, including air frying, toasting, roasting, broiling, baking, and more. This versatility allows you to prepare various dishes efficiently in a single appliance.
- Digital Precision:
- The digital controls and LED display provide precise temperature and time settings, ensuring your food is cooked to perfection. This is especially important for families, as different dishes may require different cooking times and temperatures.
- Wide Range of Accessories:
- The included 21 accessories and cookbook expand your cooking options. From rotisserie spits to air fryer baskets, this air fryer provides everything you need to create diverse family meals.
- Time and Energy Efficiency:
- Air fryers are known for their energy efficiency, and this model is no exception. It cooks food faster than traditional ovens, which can be a huge time-saver for busy families.
- Easy to Clean:
- The non-stick interior and removable, dishwasher-safe parts make cleaning up after cooking a breeze, which is essential for families with busy schedules.
- Space-Saving Design:
- Despite its large capacity, this air fryer toaster oven is designed to fit on your countertop, saving valuable kitchen space.
Printable Recipe: Air Fryer Chicken Pot Pie
This easy air fryer chicken pot pie with cream of chicken soup recipe is the perfect comfort food for those busy nights you're running like crazy! Make it easy with leftover rotisserie chicken, premade pie crusts, and some frozen veggies!
- 1 Box Refrigerated Pie Crust (2 crusts)
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1 Lb. Shredded Chicken (I cheat and get a rotisserie chicken from Costco or Sams)
- 1 Bag frozen mixed veggies (I like to get the Gumbo Mix...there's a fantastic assortment)
- Egg Wash- 1 egg mixed with 1/4 cup of water
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees.
- In a small sauce pan melt butter and sautee chopped onion.
- Add in cream of chicken soup- keep stirring so it doesn't scortch.
- Add in milk and cook about 10 minutes- stirring constantly.
- Once sauce has thickened remove from heat.
- Place pie crust in bottom of greased pie pan.
- Put chicken and veggies into pie.
- Pour creamy mixture over chicken and veggies.
- Top with other pie crust.
- Brush egg wash on top of pie crust.
- Cut slits into pie crust to let steam escape.
- Bake in air fryer at 400 for 30 minutes or until pie crust is golden brown.
If you don't have an air fryer, you can make this recipe using a conventional oven. Since conventional ovens don't cook as quickly as air fryers, you'll need to adjust the cooking time to 45 minutes, or until your crust is golden brown.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.