An easy chicken pot pie with cream of chicken soup, rotisserie chicken, and frozen vegetables make this a recipe that will have your family begging for more. This easy chicken pot pie recipe is just as delicious as the one grandma makes but so much easier!
I love making one dish meals because it means less clean up and this semi-homemade chicken pot pie recipe is the perfect one dish meal on cold winter nights!
Easy Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
A delicious one dish meal for a cold winter night!
As a kid I can remember my grandmother working in the kitchen for hours making everything to go into her scrumptious chicken pot pie recipe. She would start cooking right after lunch and the whole house would smell so wonderful!
Now, I LOVE my grandmother and I LOVE her cooking and I LOVE her chicken pot pie…..BUT there is no way I’m going to spend HOURS in the kitchen making one for my family!
Don’t get me wrong….I adore my family!
I want them to eat the delicious food that I grew up eating…..I just don’t have the time to spend HOURS in the kitchen cooking that meal! I guess times were simpler back then….I mean, bless my grandma….she really was a SuperMom…..I’ll just have to settle for being a semi-Supermom.
Which works out just fine because this is a semi-homemade chicken pot pie with cream of chicken soup recipe that tastes almost just like my grandmas real chicken pot pie recipe! 😉 Hey, it’s okay….we do what we can as moms and hope for the best!
Easy Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
This easy chicken pot pie with cream of chicken soup recipe is the perfect comfort food for those busy nights you're running like crazy!
- 1 Box Refrigerated Pie Crust (2 crusts)
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1 Lb. Shredded Chicken (I cheat and get a rotisserie chicken from Costco or Sams)
- 1 Bag frozen mixed veggies (I like to get the Gumbo Mix...there's a fantastic assortment)
- Egg Wash- 1 egg mixed with 1/4 cup of water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small sauce pan melt butter and sautee chopped onion.
- Add in cream of chicken soup- keep stirring so it doesn't scortch.
- Add in milk and cook about 10 minutes- stirring constantly.
- Once sauce has thickened remove from heat.
- Place pie crust in bottom of greased pie pan.
- Put chicken and veggies into pie.
- Pour creamy mixture over chicken and veggies.
- Top with other pie crust.
- Brush egg wash on top of pie crust.
- Cut slits into pie crust to let steam escape.
- Bake at 400 for 45 minutes or until pie crust is golden brown.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Lemon Garlic Chicken Recipe | Serendipity and Spice | Embracing Life with Melissa Llado
Friday 5th of April 2019
[…] Semi-Homemade Chicken Pot Pie Recipe […]
Monday 13th of April 2015
Mm I love pot pies. Thanks for sharing on Weekend Bites!
Carrie @ Curly Crafty Mom
Saturday 11th of April 2015
This is too cute and we all love Disney at my house! This would be perfect to make when we get closer to going on our trip!
All that's Jas
Thursday 9th of April 2015
Love easy and delicious meals! Thanks for linking up with Thursday Favorite Things!
Free Stuff for New Moms - Serendipity and Spice
Tuesday 27th of January 2015
[…] total Disney addict and love making all sorts of Disney inspired fun for Little Man (check out this Disney inspired Chicken Pot Pie that he and Hubs went nuts over….it’s cute and delicious!). Anyway, get your FREE […]