Rise and Shine Breakfast Muffins Recipe
Sausage, Cheese, and Yummy….the most delicious breakfast muffins around!
This is a fantastic breakfast recipe to make for Thanksgiving or Christmas…days when we’re having BIG meals later on! These Rise and Shine Breakfast Muffins are hearty and filling but light enough that you’ll be hungry later for the REAL meal! I love that they’re a special dish you can make the day before, cook the day of, and still enjoy your big dinner with family and friends! Hubs and Little Man LOVE these muffins too– and they make the day extra special without slaving away in the kitchen!
You can also make these muffins to freeze and then just pop in the microwave for a quick breakfast on the go.
1 Lb package of Sausage (we prefer the Maple flavor)
6 TBS melted Butter
1 large Egg
2 cups Bisquick
1 cup Milk (if you have buttermilk they’re even better!)
8oz shredded Cheddar Cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Brown sausage, crumble, and drain from grease…set to side to cool.
Mix together butter, milk, and egg.
Add Bisquick into wet ingredient mixture.
Make sure Bisquick is mixed well and add in the shredded cheese.
Spray muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray.
Once sausage is cool mix into Bisquick mixture.
Fill muffin tins with batter.
Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until baked through– muffins will be golden brown and when a toothpick is inserted it will come out clean.
- 1 Lb package of Sausage (we prefer the Maple flavor)
- 6 TBS melted Butter
- 1 large Egg
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 1 cup Milk (if you have buttermilk they’re even better!)
- 8oz shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown sausage, crumble, and drain from grease…set to side to cool.
- Mix together butter, milk, and egg.
- Add Bisquick into wet ingredient mixture.
- Make sure Bisquick is mixed well and add in the shredded cheese.
- Spray muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray.
- Once sausage is cool mix into Bisquick mixture.
- Fill muffin tins with batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until baked through– muffins will be golden brown and when a toothpick is inserted it will come out clean.
Top Gifts for Dad
Over 20+ Top Rated Gifts for Dad
Dad is one of the hardest people to buy for– in my opinion anyways….I mean how many “Best Dad on Earth” coffee mugs does one Dad need?!?! So here is a list of the Top Rated Gifts for Dad…some are traditional, some are unique, some are funny, some are cheap….but all are sure to please Daddy! continue reading…
Ultimate BBQ Baked Chicken Recipe
The BEST bar-be-que chicken baked in the oven and ready in 30 minutes!
I LOVE grilling out! We normally grill out 2-3 times a week during the Spring, Summer, and early Fall….but unfortunately it’s just too darn cold during these Winter months! Luckily I came up with this Ultimate BBQ Baked Chicken Recipe that tastes just as yummy as cooking out on the grill but done in the warmth of the kitchen!
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 Cup BBQ Sauce
- 1 Medium Onion
- 1 TBS Butter
- 1 Cup shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Butterfly chicken breasts and place in a baking dish in oven for 15 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking in oven melt the butter in a skillet on medium heat.
- Slice onion and sautee in the skillet with the butter.
- Remove chicken and flip over-continue cooking additional 10 minutes.
- Remove chicken and make sure it is cooked through- no pink when cut open.
- Pour BBQ sauce over chicken breasts.
- Top with sauteed onions and shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is fully melted.
What else would you add to make this chicken even yummier??
The Gift of Lights at Atlanta Motor Speedway
An affordable night of Holiday Fun for the whole family!
Disclosure: I received complimentary tickets to The Gift of Lights for this review. However, as always, all opinions are true and 100% my own.
Holiday Toddler Crafts: Pom Pom Stocking
A fun Christmas craft for toddlers ages 18 months – 3 years old.
Little Man just turned 2 in October and I discovered that he’s just as big of an arts & crafts lover as his mother! I mean I shouldn’t be surprised that my child loves crafting….I mean I do write a blog on the subject! This Holiday season is especially exciting because Little Man is at the perfect age to do arts & crafts and we do have so much fun making stuff together….it’s just more of the Christmas magic!
The problem when doing toddler crafts is that you have to remember to keep it simple….and try to keep it clean. Little Man loves paint, glue, and stickers….so I try to stay in that realm….the latter one mostly because it’s the cleanest!
Even though this project uses glue we were able to keep the mess to a minimum! I’m sure you could use glue sticks too– but I was wanting to keep the costs for ALL of our Holiday projects down…since I used white craft glue for another project we just used it with this one too.
I love that this project also helps toddlers with their fine motor skills…it kept Little Man entertained and he was learning at the same time….. Mommy WIN!
1. Find some red construction paper and a pen (or a crayon like me…I use what I can find )
2. Draw your stocking on the construction paper– make sure you do a mirror image that way you won’t see the pen/crayon marks on the paper….so mine looks like a J…it’s okay.
3. Cut out your stocking drawing.
4. Collect the supplies of: your cut out stocking, pom poms, and glue.
Now just let your little one go to town gluing on the pom poms. I love how precise Little Man is with each and every pom pom…it’s so cute!
My all time favorite part of crafting with my toddler is the joy on his face while he’s creating….it’s pure joy and makes every struggle as a parent worth it!
This project costs less than $1 to create! I found a huge pack of construction paper and a bag full of pom poms at the Dollar Tree for $1 each. You can make so many different shapes and fun things with the left overs. We’re doing a snowman next…..so stay tuned!
Manic Monday Linky Party
Crafts, Recipes, Toddler Tales and so much more….
Have you been thinking about transferring to WordPress?
Well now is the time to do it! Start the new year off right for you blog by transferring to WordPress– you’ll be so happy you did! I debated for months about making the switch and once I did I’m so happy and wish I had done it earlier! You can read more about the reasons I chose to switch here….but here are my TOP 5 Reasons to switch from Blogger to WordPress:
1. You OWN all of your own content– when you write stuff on Blogger it’s the property of Blogger.
2. No ONE can shut down your blog but you! Yep, Blogger can and does shut down blogs at it’s own discretion.
3. Brands prefer to work with bloggers on WordPress because there’s so many rules with Blogger.
4. The plug-ins and widgets on WordPress blow Blogger’s widgets out of the water– WP plug-ins can make your life so much easier!
5. WordPress SEO by Yoast! This plug-in is SEO for dummies– once I started using it I more than doubled my traffic from Google.
Right now Blogelina is running a special to transfer your blog to WordPress for just $60 (reg. $206)– and that includes a FULL year of hosting!
So, get the new year started off right– switch to WordPress and make 2014 the year your blog takes off! The sale ends today so don’t delay!
Hope you all are having a fantastic Thanksgiving and filling your bellies full of delicious treat!
Is anyone planning on going shopping tonight or tomorrow morning? If so, what’s on your must have list?
Loaded Cheesy Garlic Mashed Potato Recipe
Creamy, delicious, and easy mashed potatoes!
Oh boy do we love mashed potatoes in my house! It’s the one dish I know that Little Man will eat every time….can you believe I have like the one kid on Earth that doesn’t like Mac & Cheese?! Yeah, Hubs is missing my Ultimate Crock Pot Mac & Cheese but I think I made up for it with these loaded mashed potatoes!
The nice thing about these potatoes is that the garlic isn’t overpowering….sometimes when we get garlic mashed potatoes at a restaurant the garlic and the salt kill the creamy potato goodness….and you can always add more or less depending on your own tastes!
- 4 Medium Idaho Potatoes
- 1 Cup of Milk
- 1 TBS Garlic Powder
- 1 TBS Butter
- ¼ Cup Sour Cream
- ½ Cup Monterrey Jack Shredded Cheese
- Dash Salt
- Dash Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel and dice the potatoes into little cubes.
- Put potatoes in a pot of water and boil for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender….you should be able to easily cut through them with a fork or spoon.
- Drain the water from the potatoes.
- Add in milk, garlic powder, butter, sour cream, salt, and pepper and mash all ingredients together. You can either use a potato masher or a mixer– a mixer will give you a creamy consistency.
- You can add more milk if you want the potatoes to be creamier….at this point add ingredients slowly to get the desired taste that you want.
- Pour mashed potatoes into a baking dish.
- Sprinkle cheese on top of potatoes and place in oven.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is fully melted.
Now you can always finish loading these potatoes up with some chives and bacon but I only add those on special occasions.
Elegant Blue Christmas
I’m dreaming of a blue Christmas full of crystal, gems, and pearls!
There’s just something about blue, white, and silver that make Christmas so elegant! I love the different shades of blue, the sparkle and shine of silver, and the elegance that it brings to the Holidays!
Okay, so have you had the joy of experiencing Polyvore yet? OMG I think it’s more addictive than Pinterest….can you believe it?! Anyway…I’ve been having a blast using Polyvore to make inspiration boards….check out my blue Christmas:
Manic Monday Linky Party
Happy Birthday to Me, Happy Birthday to Me….. Happy Birthday Melissa….. Happy Birthday to Me!
What… oh yeah, did I tell you it’s my birthday?? Yep, I’m one of those people that get’s SUPER excited about her birthday…in fact Hubs makes fun of me because I celebrate the whole week….I mean it is a week of celebrations considering Thanksgiving is this week….and my birthday does land near the BIGGEST shopping day of the year…it’s fate! continue reading…